• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Floating triangle quilt finished!

Love it, great FMQing!

Comment

Beautiful! Looks like a stain glass broke into triangles.

Gina

Comment

Janina, can you please give the approximate size of your quilt? I am making some baby quilts and after seeing your beautiful quilt I'd like to try one using the Falling Triangles tutorial. I haven't mastered FMQ yet so it won't begin to look as beautiful as yours but I don't want that to stop me. Sometimes size of blocks is hard to decipher in a photo so I'd also like to be confirm you started by using 10" squares.

Comment

I didn't start with 10"squares, I used part of a charm pack and made the half square triangles the old fashioned way. And avoided problems with bias. I think it is about 40 x 50. If you wanted to make a bigger one you could start with 7" squares, make regular half square triangles and add 2.5" strips like Jenny did. I used 2" strips. Mine is more a baby size. I added the border to contrast. Lots of possibilities. I think it would look great without the FMQ!�� I did use warm and natural white batting , shrinks less and if you are using a lot of white, don't have to worry about a darker batting showing through. Seems softer too. Hope this helps! Easily get two quilts from one charm pack!

Comment

Thanks so much! I didn't think photo looked like you started with 10" and am glad it was a charm. Thanks also for sharing strip size and other tips. I like using Warm 'n White also when there is a lot of background white. In the size range I like too!

Comment

That is so pretty in those colors. And your quilting is just amazing! Thanks for showing us.

Comment

This is one if my fav patterns... It always looks so good, and yours is Beautiful... Who doesn't love KF fabrics?

Sandy from Cincinnati

AKA Kermit

Comment

Nice job. The fabric, the contemporary design, and the FMQ compliment well. Show piece here.
                  Just love everyone. I'll sort them out later. -God

Comment

The colors are so calming. Love the quilt!

Comment

Working...
                    X