Ragquilt donation for Shriners finished

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ragquilt donation for Shriners finished

A few weeks ago, I asked if this rag quilt was finished or was it just a top. You all told me it was finished just the way it was. So, a man walked in to the restaurant and he really loved the ford trucks in the squares and wanted to donate a sum for the quilt but he wanted it to be a heavy quilt with a batting and back.
    So, on my days off, I sandwiched this 81x86 inch quilt with a heavy mattress pad and a nice pale blue sheet and did a diagonal stitch. I told him that I didn't have the energy to do anything fancy but I would do it for him. This baby weighs in at 10 lbs. I am worn out but it turned out okay. Only broke 2 needles lol. We got $150 donation for it and that will add up. (oh, I should add that I purchased the ragquilt top for $3, sheet $3, & mattress pad $4, So I really didn't have a lot invested except time.ragquilt.jpg
    Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
    Terry

Re: Ragquilt donation for Shriners finished

A 10-lb. quilt??! It must get really cold over there! Great job on wrestling with that big of a quilt!
    Cindy

Comment

Too thick for me!. I'd rather have three thin ones. I like layers. But this guy wanted it for his camper. He's a hunter I think. Said he wanted the thickest batting I could use. Turns out, too thick to actually quilt. Tie quilting would have served it better and with the rag effect would have really looked better too. BUT, who am I to judge. I just did what he wanted.
      Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
      Terry

Comment

Great job on the donation quilt for the Shriners, Terry!
        Carol

Sewing Mends The Soul ~ Author Unknown

Comment

Well he's happy and you're done. Win win! I say great job given the rules he put on it!

Comment

Great job and you have many happy campers now,the ones from shriners and your buyer.
            :icon_wave:Joan

Comment

Great job! You are really going over and above for your Shiner's,, your a special gal. All this and running a restaurant!!! Amazing.. God will Bless you for this)) Hugs, GB
              "Each day well-lived and Happy;
              that's all there is to Life!"

Comment

Working...
              X