What I've been up to

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What I've been up to

Besides helping out my friend who has breast cancer, I've completed a quilt I made the top in the Netherlands and finally finished it up today. Joe is taking it with him back east. He'll give it to the recipients while he's visiting. I also spent some time making a birthday cake for my friend's 85 year-old dad who just had a birthday. Spice cake with cream cheese buttercream frosting. My decorating skills need some major work but I had fun making it. I had a terrible time with icing consistency but I fumbled my way through the process anyway. From what I understand, it was well received. I told my friend that all I wanted was to be given a piece of cake after the party so I could see how it turned out. hahaha
    Attached Files
    Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

Re: What I've been up to

Your quilt is gorgeous. And your decorating skills are awesome. That cake sure looks too good to mess up by cutting.
    Karen
    Life is short - Live everyday to the fullest

Comment

Your endeavors are awesome. You are multi talented for sure. The quilt is lovely. The cake looks yummy. Too bad you didn't get a piece, kathy
      All quilts cat tested and approved.
      sigpic

Comment

I really like the quilting. The cake looks yummy!

Comment

Beautiful quilt ... And cake! Bet it's every bit as good as it looks.

Comment

Wow, that cake looks terrific! And spice cake is my favorite. Oh, the quilt looks great, too!
            Cindy

Comment

The cake and the quilt both came out beautiful!
              :icon_wave:Joan

Comment

You have been up to a lot! Beautiful quilt and luscious cake. I absolutely do not have the patience to decorate a cake in that way. My hat is off to you!
                If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.- Zig Ziglar

Comment

You have been busy, the quilt is lovely, but the birthday cake is WOWZERS! Great work on both projects!

Comment

Lovely quilt, and gorgeous cake. Your roses look great. Quite the talented lady you are.
                    Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
                    sigpic

Comment

Yes, Rebecca you are multi-talented for sure. Beautiful quilt, gorgeous cake!!
                      Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Wow! I am super impressed. Gorgeous quilt and the cake looks incredible and edible!! Great job all around.
                        Gerri

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

Comment

I SURE MISS THE LIKE button!Rebecca, your quilt is beautiful! Lucky friend. And the cake..it is gorgeous. Wish I had a piece. You have been a busy girl.
                          A day patched with quilting Seldom unravels Sharon

Comment

Thanks. You guys are too kind. By the way, Mischiefkat, I DID indeed have some of the cake. My friend was good enough to save some for Joe and for me. I'm really thrilled to have found a really good spice cake recipe to add to my collection.
                            Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

Comment

Am glad you and your DH had a piece of your cake. Like another poster said almost looked too good to cut. Kathy
                              All quilts cat tested and approved.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X