Tissue and chap stick cozies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tissue and chap stick cozies

As part of their Christmas gifts, the ladies in my family will be getting a matching set of a tissue pack and chapstick cozy. It is hard to see in the picture, but the chapstick cozies have a narrow pocket in which you put your chapstick. With the D-rings, you can attach the cozy to your key ring, so you will always know where it is. The tissue cozies cover one of those little packets that we like to keep in our purses. Almost all were made with leftovers from other projects. However, two new fat quarters were also used for this project!

I used quilting cotton with interfacing to make the chapstick cozies. It was really hard turning them inside out through the small opening at the top (they started at 2" X 9"). When I make more, I'll experiment with making the opening on the side and see if that is easier.

P1010001.jpg
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.- Zig Ziglar

Re: Tissue and chap stick cozies

Very clever ideas. I'm always losing my lip balm in the bottom of my purse, so maybe this is the solution, and the tissue cozy is such a wonderful way to pretty up, and keep clean/neat, something that after has been riding around in my bag for weeks, usually in my case ends up looking like something I wouldn't want to put next to my face.

Comment

Very cute idea to put those chapstick cozies on a D-ring. I like the idea of making all this from scraps.

Caroline, my tissues get pretty messed up after a while in the purse, also.
      Cindy

Comment

Very cute gifts! I once tried the chapstick cover and I broke out in a sweat trying to turn it so I found a better way. I use this technique on bag handles and it can be adapted for the chapstick covers. And no turning troubles! Both ends are finished and you can flip it back on itself and stitch for the pocket. Of course, you wouldn't need the heavy stabilizer insert and you'd just have to adjust the size. Check it out, maybe you can try this.

http://sewfearless.com/2012/03/sewing-the-handle/
        Last edited by Sharyn J; August 9, 2016, 11:24 AM.

Comment

What a great idea. They are sure to love them.
          Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sharyn J View Post
            Very cute gifts! I once tried the chapstick cover and I broke out in a sweat trying to turn it so I found a better way. I use this technique on bag handles and it can be adapted for the chapstick covers. And no turning troubles! Both ends are finished and you can flip it back on itself and stitch for the pocket. Of course, you wouldn't need the heavy stabilizer insert and you'd just have to adjust the size. Check it out, maybe you can try this.

Thanks for sharing this link - I really like this idea. So much easier...

Comment

Sylvia, will you adopt me into your family?

Comment

What a nice idea for a gift. They are sure to love them!

Comment

Genius idea putting a D-ring on the chapstick holders! I might have to make some of these. Thanks for the inspiration.
                  Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by Sharyn J View Post

That is great! Thank you so much for posting this. I can't wait to try this technique.

Originally posted by Cokie View Post
                    Sylvia, will you adopt me into your family?
                    Certainly, but first, I'll have to explain to my son and daughter why I never told them about you!
                    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.- Zig Ziglar

Comment

What wonderful gift sets. I love getting gifts you can really use - and all the better when made by a loved one.

Comment

Working...
                      X