Accordian coin purse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Accordian coin purse

Too hot to quilt so made a bunch of the Accordian Coin Wallets. The others that I made disappeared quickly before I got any pictures, so I'll have to hide these for Christmas stocking stuffers. I was able to use some charm squares for the flap and card pockets and the rest from stash.

Sorry about the size and layout of the pics. I haven't uploaded for awhile so maybe something changed.
    Attached Files

Re: Accordian coin purse

Those are cute!

Comment

Those are so cute!! They would make such cute gifts!

I have been on a wallet, bag, purse making kick lately and I would love to have the pattern for this is if you don't mind sharing!

Comment

Those are truly adorable!!
        Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
        it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

I really like those!

Comment

Those turned out really cute! Great idea for a stocking stuffer!
            Cindy

Comment

To hot and muggy here to make large quilts. Would love to have your pattern. Can you share or tell me where to get it. Thanks!!

Comment

I would also love to know where to get your pattern. They are really cute!

Comment

These coin purses are the BOMB! Love them lots. Yes, please share.
                  Just love everyone. I'll sort them out later. -God

Comment

The pattern is available at Craftsy.

http://www.craftsy.com/pattern/sewin...92677~any8gebm

I experimented with various interfacings until I found the right balance.
                    Last edited by Sharyn J; August 8, 2016, 08:25 PM.

Comment

Sharyn, thank you so much for the pattern info. Do you mind also sharing what interfacings you found to work the best for this wallet?

Comment

Those would make great stocking stuffers, favors for retreats or a nice small gift for co-workers. I think I will buy the pattern and give it a whirl. Thanks for posting the link. Your little purses are so darling!!
                        sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

I love those bees!
                          🌺 Lorie

Comment

Very nice work and such cute presents.
                            sigpic my goal is to be as good a person as my dogs already think I am

Comment

Janice, I tried quite a few variations with the interfacings that I had on hand. PellonSF101 on the exterior flap, exterior body piece and the lining. Lightweight on the card pockets. 987F fleece for the body; however, you can eliminate the fleece and use Decorbond 809 or craft fuse. I used the 809 on the turquoise wallet in lieu of fleece with a double layer on the flap and I like it the best. The trick to this wallet is to keep the fleece or 809 out of the seam allowances and when you're done stitching, trim the seams well.

Be sure to use the thin magnetic snaps. My first one had a regular thickness snap and it's almost too strong and may rip the fabric over time. I got thin ones from etsy. 14mm thin or 18mm thin will work fine.

The designer has updated the pattern to include two long tabs instead of four small. This is much better and easier than lining up four. She also updated a couple variations on the flap.

Experiment with your interfacings and once you find the right balance, you can whip out a couple at a time!

Comment

Working...
                              X