Sawmill Quilt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sawmill Quilt

I had posted the finished top a while ago and finally got the courage up to do the quilting this weekend. I FM leaves on a vine for the sashing, did a radiating swirl on the blocks and a swirl on the border. I love how it turned out and I learned quite a bit from doing it. I wish I had used a more defined thread for the FMQing, as it don't show up as much as I wanted it to, but overall, I'm happy with it. My husband's receptionist has recently been diagnosed with cancer, so this will be going to her. Thanks for looking.

IMG_0215.jpgIMG_0214.jpg
    Cindy

Re: Sawmill Quilt

Wow! That's beautiful. And your vines/leaves are very well done.

Comment

It is beautiful! I like the colors, and the pattern, and the friendship star at the intersections of the sashing. The vine and leaves design is just right, too.
      If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.- Zig Ziglar

Comment

Beautiful, love the pattern and fabrics you chose!
        If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
        http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Comment

wow, I think your FMQ is very well done! It can't be your first time?
          I am Sew Blessed!
          Alina

Comment

Truly beautiful. Love the fabric, the pattern, and the quilting. Could we pretty please have more pictures?
            Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Comment

Yes I would like to see it closer , your vines and leaves are awesome. That pattern and colored are great.

Comment

Originally posted by DeniseSm View Post
                Truly beautiful. Love the fabric, the pattern, and the quilting. Could we pretty please have more pictures?
                Hi Denise, I'm not sure what you wanted to see but here's a few more

IMG_0216 (1).jpgIMG_0217.jpg

The fabric was Lady Slipper Lodge by Moda, the pattern is the Sawmill quilt Fons & Porter. The quilting is my fledgling attempt at something other than stipple/meander. Thanks so much for you kind comments.
                Cindy

Comment

Originally posted by amartin24 View Post
                  wow, I think your FMQ is very well done! It can't be your first time?

I usually do stippling/meandering. This was my first attempt at something like this. So scary to actually put it on a quilt. Some vines turned out better than others, but overall, I'm happy with it. And after I got a few of them done, it was fun!
                  Cindy

Comment

I love this quilt and the colors! What a kind gesture!
                    Brenda. :icon_wave:

Comment

This is lovely!
                      Cyndi

“Have courage for the great sorrows of life and patience for the small ones; and when you have laboriously accomplished your daily task, go to sleep in peace. God is awake.” - Victor Hugo

Comment

Originally posted by seaturtle View Post
                        Hi Denise, I'm not sure what you wanted to see but here's a few more

[ATTACH=CONFIG]133975[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]133976[/ATTACH]

The fabric was Lady Slipper Lodge by Moda, the pattern is the Sawmill quilt Fons & Porter. The quilting is my fledgling attempt at something other than stipple/meander. Thanks so much for you kind comments.
                        It's even more beautiful upclose. Your vines are so well done, that at first I thought you must have used robotics or something, and the curved quilting in the blocks...great choice, gives the spiral airflow feel to it.

I'm truly impressed.

Comment

Oh that is lovely - the colours, the design and the quilting, great job. I think the lady will be delighted to receive it.

Comment

Wowwe WoW, .....AWSOME Quilt.

This is some kinda of perdy... amazing.
                            People round here would say.....

Ceriously, nice work on the quiting, it's beautiful. WELL DONE Cindy.

....Bee
                            The footprint's in the sand are not mine, but is that of the Lord's, who has been carrying me....

~~♡sigpic
                            ~~~~Sewn By Bee

Comment

That's beautiful. Your "fledgling" quilting is really good also. Love the colors.

Comment

Working...
                              X