Family Reunion Quilt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Family Reunion Quilt

Every year we have a family reunion (my father's mother side of the family). One of the traditions is to have an auction that raises money for the following year's reunion (to reserve the space, buy the meat, paper products, condiments and punch) and anything over $250 goes to the Vermont Cancer Network - as unfortunately like many family we have lost family members to this hideous disease. Items range from homemade items to items people just want to out of their house. Fun is had by trying to outbid each other - all done in fun as we know where the money is going to.

Here is the quilt that I brought this year. It is totally scrappy - I did a Facebook group mystry quilt this past winter - and I just randomly pulled strips and squares I have left over from previous projects. While I know that scrappy isn't for everyone, I know that it would go over very well with my family. it went for $200. Which means that this and calendar that one of my cousins made of old family pictures that went for $50 brought in the amount for next year's reunion so everything else will go to the Cancer Network. Don't have the final totals but I estimate it will be well over $200. Thanks for looking.
    Attached Files
    Wendy
    http://www.pinterest.com/wlrich2/boards/

Re: Family Reunion Quilt

Oh I absolutely love scrap quilts and yours is REALLY NICE!! Wouldn't mind having that one myself! Congratulations on the high bid it received and it is wonderful how your family has both a fun auction and contributes to charity at the same time. I would like to be adopted by your family!

Comment

That is a great idea!

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

What a wonderful thing to do, and I love your quilt!

Comment

That's a great idea to make money for your reunions. Your quilt is really super nice...I so love scrappy quilts.
          sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

My ex's family does the same thing. It's where I purchased my first quilt, before I learned to quilt myself. Love the scrappiness.

Comment

So pretty....what a great idea to raise money to keep your tradition going.
              Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
              sigpic

Comment

Thanks everyone. My aunt just posted that $718 was raised from auction, donations and 50/50 raffle. She decided to put $300 for next year's reunion and a check for $418 will sent to Vermont Cancer Network.
                Wendy
                http://www.pinterest.com/wlrich2/boards/

Comment

How wonderful. I used to love family reunions. Miss having them. Beautiful quilt
                  sigpic my goal is to be as good a person as my dogs already think I am

Comment

I love scrappy quilts and your is lovely!
                    If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
                    http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Comment

Working...
                    X