Proud of My Airman!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Proud of My Airman!

I finished this yesterday-just in the nick of time. My son has been in Kuwait for 6 months and is coming home today. He is single, and I felt guilty that all my projects have been going to my married children. So...when I saw Jenny's flag, I had to do it for him! I'm sure he won't know what to do with it, but...

I was happy with the way this one turned out. Jenny's instructions were so clear, and this was simple to do. I had to piece the back because of the quilt shape. It was wider than it was long, and I wanted the Air Force fabric to be right side up.

I got the little mini tumbler template and am going to make little flags with my leftovers.

IMG_1465.jpgIMG_1463.jpgIMG_1464.jpg

Question: Do you have to resize all your photos before uploading? I haven't found the restrictions yet, but I know most of my photos won't upload until I resize. Just curious!
    I'm creative. You can't expect me to be neat too. :icon_woot:

Re: Proud of My Airman!

Love the quilt. And yes, I do need to resize all of my photos before posting.

Comment

Originally posted by KarenC View Post
      Love the quilt. And yes, I do need to resize all of my photos before posting.
      And thanks to your son for his service.

Comment

Great job on the quilt! Thank your son for his service!
        ***Kathy***

Comment

Whst a great gift! And I'm so happy to hear your som will be home today.. I can only imagine how proud you must be...

I have two grandsons who are proud cadets in our high svhool's Air Force JRROTC... One is a Senior this year, and considering going on into the college AFROTC program, at the University of Cincnnati...

Sandy from Cincinnati

AKA Kermit

Comment

Beautiful quilt! I can't imagine how excited you are to get to see your son!
            Lori

http://sewtimeforme.blogspot.com/

Comment

wonderful job.. Thank you to YOU and your SON!!!! Enjoy him...happy dance going on at your house for sure)
              "Each day well-lived and Happy;
              that's all there is to Life!"

Comment

I have the Shrink Pictures program on my laptop. It automatically resizes my pics for the Forum or when I send them in e-mails.

Lovely quilt! My oldest son is retired Air Force. Thanks to all those who are serving & have served our Country.

Comment

Love the quilt. I have a brother in law that is retire Air Force. Tell your son Thank you Thank You Thank you for his service from Atlanta Georgia please.

Comment

Definitely thanks to your son for his service...your flag is great! I love making the tumbler flag...have made several already!
                    Carol

Sewing Mends The Soul ~ Author Unknown

Comment

What a nice gift and token of appreciation for your son's service to his country! Thank you to your son!
                      I am Sew Blessed!
                      Alina

Comment

Nice quilt....congratulations on yours sons homecoming

Comment

That turned out beautiful!

I usually resize mine to about 300 x 400 or so.
                          https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/co.../icon_wave.gif
                          Women are Angels. When someone break's our wings we will continue to fly-usually on a broomstick.We're flexible like that.

Comment

What a handsome and thoughtful quilt.
                            Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Comment

What a wonderful quilt! Please say Thank you to your son for his service from me.
                              :icon_wave:Joan

Comment

Working...
                              X