Another "wild quilting" adventure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another "wild quilting" adventure

Here's another practice piece I worked on this weekend. I'm getting the hang of it, just quilting up what feels right for the next design. It's a mix of a lot of different styles that I've been studying for a long time, Karlee Porter, Christina Cameli and Ann Fahl to name three. I finally decided it was time to stop studying how these women quilt and jump in and try it for myself! One more practice piece and then I'll try it on a larger, nicer piece of navy batik I've been saving. Wish me luck!
    Attached Files
    Cyndi

“Have courage for the great sorrows of life and patience for the small ones; and when you have laboriously accomplished your daily task, go to sleep in peace. God is awake.” - Victor Hugo

Re: Another "wild quilting" adventure

I'd say you have the hang of it. Great job.

Comment

I think Karen is right! You have the hang of it now! Before we know it our Cyndi will have her own Craftsy class......Awesome FMQ With Cyndi! Remember us.......your friends.......when you become famous.

The FMQ is awesome and beautiful!
      "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
      Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

Pollywallydoodleday! Nice contrast and control!
        Blogging ahead.....research in quilting and sewing with a dab of cooking/recipes too.

https://myquiltprojects.wordpress.com/

https://thecookbookproject.wordpress.com/

Comment

well done, that is lovely
          Keep the Faith

dizzyLiz

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=1196342

Comment

Silly me. DH says I posted it upside down. I think he might be right. I like it better this way.
            Attached Files
            Cyndi

“Have courage for the great sorrows of life and patience for the small ones; and when you have laboriously accomplished your daily task, go to sleep in peace. God is awake.” - Victor Hugo

Comment

Either way it is stunning!!!

Comment

Beautiful. You are so talented.
                Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Comment

Cowabunga! You GO!!
                  Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
                  it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

The padding is fantastic, I think you no longer need more lessons because that is a professional job, I expect to see more of his works

Comment

YOWZER! That is beautiful. You are so talented. I can't wait to see your next creation.
                      Diana Grey

Comment

Absolutely amazing work!!!

Comment

Fantastic, Cyndi! Do you freehand these designs or draw it out first so you know what you want to sew out?
                          Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

Comment

Originally posted by rebeccas-sewing View Post
                            Fantastic, Cyndi! Do you freehand these designs or draw it out first so you know what you want to sew out?
                            I worked the center of it out with paper and pencil in a sketchbook I'm keeping of ideas. My goal is to be able to sew without a sketch to guide me. There are just so many design options to learn and I'm just beginning to quilt like this. Here is my inspiration: http://www.karleeporter.com/
                            Cyndi

Comment

Cyndi.. I think your there))) What machine are you using?
                              My Bailey is pretty "clunky" and to get the consistant stitching is difficult for me... I know i'm going to upgrade at some point, but want to get my money worth out of it...LOL
                              Plus not sure of how to get rid of this one... not into Craig List etc.... and i don't imagine anyone will take it in trade...GB
                              "Each day well-lived and Happy;
                              that's all there is to Life!"

Comment

Working...
                              X