• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    Simply Quilting

• Simply Quilting
    replied
    Re: A quilt in the yoga classroom

Beautiful quilt. I would for sure go with a very simple quilting like meandering or straight lines so that the quilt is the star of the show not the quilting because the quilt is so fabulous.

Leave a comment:

• ediane

• ediane
    replied

I love that you did not go with the classic white. This is so pretty and the pattern is so active that I would use a simple quilting on it. Checkers or diagonal. It does not need more.

Leave a comment:

• seaturtle

• seaturtle
    replied

Beautiful quilt!

Leave a comment:

• Auntie Uli

• Auntie Uli
    replied

Originally posted by Bubby View Post
    Such a fabulous quilt. I think straight line quilting would be easier for you to manage on such a large size. You did a wonderful job piecing the top. Can't wait to see it completed.
    Thank you Bubby!

Leave a comment:

• Bubby

• Bubby
    replied

Such a fabulous quilt. I think straight line quilting would be easier for you to manage on such a large size. You did a wonderful job piecing the top. Can't wait to see it completed.

Leave a comment:

• Auntie Uli

• Auntie Uli
    replied

Originally posted by DeniseSm View Post
    What a pretty quilting. I think straight line quilting on the diagonal will beautifully enhance the piecing in this pattern. One diagonal will go straight through the center of the small square blocks, the other will go through the center of the big square blocks. Simple but beautiful.
    Thank you Denise! I was thinking about doing straight line quilting but I fear that sewing all the straight lines with my walking foot will put me into a coma

Leave a comment:

• Auntie Uli

• Auntie Uli
    replied

Originally posted by Snip Snip View Post
    That was clever of you to put all the blue in the center to calm it a bit. I wouldn't have thought of that! Very pretty quilt, great job on it.
    I have to admit this was not my idea, I took a few blocks to my LQS and the ladies there made this suggestion. It's the only real quilt shop in Munich and I am so glad! There is always support and help and of course I am spending a lot of money there

Leave a comment:

• Snip Snip

• Snip Snip
    replied

That was clever of you to put all the blue in the center to calm it a bit. I wouldn't have thought of that! Very pretty quilt, great job on it.

Leave a comment:

• asta

• asta
    replied

Love, love, love this quilt!
    Any quilting you choose will look wonderful, with my inexperience in FMQ, I would be afraid to even try on this so would go for a straight live, crosshatch pattern.

Leave a comment:

• Kgrammiecaz

• Kgrammiecaz
    replied

Wow so pretty. I agree with Denise. Straight line quilting will enhance the blocks. Beautiful work.

Leave a comment:

• Claire Hallman

• Claire Hallman
    replied

love the Emily's Wedding quilt, I made one and FMQ it myself. loops and swirls mostly. I love yours and that pattern,

Leave a comment:

• snippet

• snippet
    replied

Wow! What a beautiful quilt! I love that pattern and your colors make the quilt so pretty!

I have no clue on quilting it. I just finished a huge quilt - but I sent it out to be quilted. I know it will be a monster though.

Leave a comment:

• laura44

• laura44
    replied

Wow, beautiful!!!

Leave a comment:

• Auntie Uli

• Auntie Uli
    replied

Originally posted by Anitamae56 View Post
    That is beautiful! I am not good about ideas for quilting, I usually ask someone too. Just wanted to tell you how pretty it is. Are quilting on machine ?
    Thank you Anitamae yes I am quilting on my Janome 8900, I bought this machine to be able to quilt king size quilts but it will be a challenge that's for sure!

Leave a comment:

• DeniseSm

• DeniseSm
    replied

What a pretty quilting. I think straight line quilting on the diagonal will beautifully enhance the piecing in this pattern. One diagonal will go straight through the center of the small square blocks, the other will go through the center of the big square blocks. Simple but beautiful.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X