A quilt in the yoga classroom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A quilt in the yoga classroom

Today I spent 4 hours in my yoga classroom basting my wedding quilt. It is approximately 100x95" and there is not enough space in my apartment. Luckily my friend and yoga instructor lets me use the classroom. I spray and pin basted this quilt because it will take some time to quilt this big quilt and I want to make sure that nothing falls apart...
    I purchased most of the fabric at MSQC it's Mary Fons small wonders and added some fusion fabric by Robert Kaufman. The pattern is designed by Liz Porter. After I started very colorful I decided to calm it a bit down and made the whole center in blues and added the colorful blocks at the edges, their will be no borders.
    I would appreciate any suggestion how to quilt it, because I have no idea. I am so scared I could mess it up in the end.
    Thank to everyone!
    Attached Files
    Find me on Instagram @auntie_uli

Re: A quilt in the yoga classroom

Oh, that is gorgeous!!

I think I'd quilt it with a very large meander which would keep it from becoming stiff and wouldn't distract from the beautiful piecing.
    Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
    it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

That is beautiful! I am not good about ideas for quilting, I usually ask someone too. Just wanted to tell you how pretty it is. Are quilting on machine ?

Comment

What a pretty quilting. I think straight line quilting on the diagonal will beautifully enhance the piecing in this pattern. One diagonal will go straight through the center of the small square blocks, the other will go through the center of the big square blocks. Simple but beautiful.
        Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Comment

Originally posted by Anitamae56 View Post
          That is beautiful! I am not good about ideas for quilting, I usually ask someone too. Just wanted to tell you how pretty it is. Are quilting on machine ?
          Thank you Anitamae yes I am quilting on my Janome 8900, I bought this machine to be able to quilt king size quilts but it will be a challenge that's for sure!

Comment

Wow, beautiful!!!

Comment

Wow! What a beautiful quilt! I love that pattern and your colors make the quilt so pretty!

I have no clue on quilting it. I just finished a huge quilt - but I sent it out to be quilted. I know it will be a monster though.

Comment

love the Emily's Wedding quilt, I made one and FMQ it myself. loops and swirls mostly. I love yours and that pattern,

Comment

Wow so pretty. I agree with Denise. Straight line quilting will enhance the blocks. Beautiful work.
                  Karen
                  Life is short - Live everyday to the fullest

Comment

Love, love, love this quilt!
                    Any quilting you choose will look wonderful, with my inexperience in FMQ, I would be afraid to even try on this so would go for a straight live, crosshatch pattern.
                    Beth

Procrastinate. It frees up time to quilt!

Comment

That was clever of you to put all the blue in the center to calm it a bit. I wouldn't have thought of that! Very pretty quilt, great job on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Snip Snip View Post
                        That was clever of you to put all the blue in the center to calm it a bit. I wouldn't have thought of that! Very pretty quilt, great job on it.
                        I have to admit this was not my idea, I took a few blocks to my LQS and the ladies there made this suggestion. It's the only real quilt shop in Munich and I am so glad! There is always support and help and of course I am spending a lot of money there

Comment

Originally posted by DeniseSm View Post
                          What a pretty quilting. I think straight line quilting on the diagonal will beautifully enhance the piecing in this pattern. One diagonal will go straight through the center of the small square blocks, the other will go through the center of the big square blocks. Simple but beautiful.
                          Thank you Denise! I was thinking about doing straight line quilting but I fear that sewing all the straight lines with my walking foot will put me into a coma

Comment

Such a fabulous quilt. I think straight line quilting would be easier for you to manage on such a large size. You did a wonderful job piecing the top. Can't wait to see it completed.
                            sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Originally posted by Bubby View Post
                              Such a fabulous quilt. I think straight line quilting would be easier for you to manage on such a large size. You did a wonderful job piecing the top. Can't wait to see it completed.
                              Thank you Bubby!

Comment

Working...
                              X