Texas A&M quilt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Texas A&M quilt

A few years ago my sister made this quilt for my daughter who was going to Texas A&M. The back is a Texas A&M fleece and it has no batting, but it is plenty warm. She uses this quilt all the time and keeps it in her car for those times when she needs it. Knowing that my sister doesn't take photos of her things, I took a picture of it when she came to visit this week. I think I'm going to have to be the quilt photographer for her and create an album of her quilts.

I don't know the pattern, but I really like it. I doubt if my sister remembers where she found the pattern. I'm going to make it one of these days though. 

2016-07-11 09.04.57.jpg

Re: Texas A&M quilt

Love this. You must find out the pattern.
    Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
    sigpic

Comment

Isn't this square in a square, very carefully planned to use the right combination of blocks?

No. A variation of Magic Square

http://quiltingtutorials.com/all/mag...e-cut-fabrics/
      Last edited by Jean Sewing Machine; July 18, 2016, 02:12 AM.

Comment

That's a wonderful quilt!
        sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

I like it. Very nice.
          Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

What a handsome quilt.
            Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Comment

Great looking quilt - I like that pattern too!
              ***Kathy***

Comment

It's really a striking quilt. To me it looks like a four patch where the pieces were snowballed, then the blocks were set on point.

Comment

A very nice looking quilt.

Comment

I agree with Jean - I think this looks like the Magic Square. I think, if you can tell us the measurements of the center squares, and the width and length of the strips, surrounding them, we can make you a pattern in no time. Also might help to know the finished block size, just to be on the safe side. I've looked at it long enough that I think it's engraved on my brain....I LOVE this quilt, and have so many fabrics wanting to be previewed for this pattern. Is it 2.5" center squares and 2.5" strips around that? REALLY like this!!
                    Barbara
                    http://www.etsy.com/shop/CraftySweetPeas

Comment

I'll ask Frances (my sister) to find the pattern. I know she made it about 5 years ago, because Grace was in school then and I hadn't started quilting yet. She had to have made it from a book, so she's got the pattern somewhere. I'll let y'all know.

Comment

ok, finally she remembered this pattern name - Irish Cross. The pattern came from a book. I'll find the book next time we go to my friend's house.

It does look like Magic Square though.

Comment

Nice quilt, and you're a great photographer too!

Comment

Working...
                          X