Getting closer . . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting closer . . .

So the junk room is almost converted into sewing space #2. Ceiling has been ripped down, new insulation and new beadboard ceiling up and painted. Cabinets from the big box store, huge ironing board (30" x 72") mounted onto base cabinets and board cover constructed and in place. Fabric storage cabinets from IKEA, went with two of the Liatorp series with half glass, half panel doors. Probably days of fabric organization ahead of me. Set up a lifetime series 6' table for my serger. Had about 19" before and had to put the serger away out of the way when not in use. THIS is going to be great in itself. And bought this cool organizer wall control unit from Hayneedle. Ordered white flannel this morning for a design wall. I'm only going to have room for about a 4x8 but have never had one before and am really looking forward to it. Thanks to all who provided input, its been invaluable. Hopefully in a week or so I can post pics . . .

Re: Getting closer . . .

Oh I can't wait to see the pictures. It's all so exciting isn't it?

Comment

It sounds really nice. Looking forward to pictures.
      Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Comment

Sounds like you're having a great time setting it all up!
        If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
        http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Comment

Please post pics when done.I'm only at the dream stage of having a sewing room.
          :icon_wave:Joan

Comment

Sounds great. You are going to enjoy your space so much. Looking forward to pictures.

Comment

I am jealous that you are able to do so much re-arrangement for your sewing space. I have finally carved out a sewing "corner" in my second guest room. For the past 15 months it has been full of boxes from our move. So far all I am able to squeeze in is my sewing table, an old bookcase to hold "stuff," and a chair to lay things on. Also in the room are a double sized sofa bed and a way-to-big TV/console that DH insists must stay (even though our house has two other TVs). As long as we aren't not having company I can even leave the ironing board up. I am still looking for a good sewing chair, maybe from IKEA. I also have my eye on one of those rolling carts from IKEA. I am looking forward to pictures of your finished space.

Comment

Sounds fabulous. The suspense of seeing photos is killing me, though!!

Comment

Working...
                X