Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ...and one thing led to another!

Originally posted by Bubby View Post
    It's so good hearing from you Maureen. I've been thinking about you and wondering how you are. Your projects are stunning, as usual.
    I'm doing ok thanks, as well as I can anyway. Sewing certainly is my therapy.

Comment

Originally posted by rebeccas-sewing View Post
      Maureen - I love your quilt! The pillow is awesome. I love what you did with the quilt. The quilting is lovely. Did you stitch in the ditch around the 9-patches? What type of batting did you use? I love that it looks nice and puffy. It gives it so much dimension. The simple cross-hatching in the border looks terrific. I also love the color combo. Can you tell I like your quilt?
      I only stitched in the ditch around the borders, rare for me as I normally do that on every seam. All the other stitching I did diagonally through the squares. The plain squares I free motion quilted. Another first for me was using all wool batting and it has spoilt me now as it is wonderful both to work with and for warmth.

Comment

Your pillow and quilt are stunning! You could always paint the headboard navy and get new curtains.......
        I am Sew Blessed!
        Alina

Comment

I like your work. I don't decorate a room around a quilt. I change out my quilts and pillows four or five times a year based on the season or quilt. The backdrop of the bedroom stays the same. This would make a nice Fall or winter quilt or set for any bedroom. I have sets for my guest room for Summer, Fall, Winter, Christmas, Spring... Whoever stays in that bedroom see's and uses the bedding on it at that time and they very well could see and enjoy something totally different the next time they visit. I do pillow cases and accent pieces for each with my leftovers and scraps.

Comment

Beautiful, and it gives you a chance to have fun re-decorating!
            Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
            http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

Comment

It turned out beautifully. Love those blues and tans.
              Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
              sigpic

Comment

The quilt is so pretty and that bed looks soooo inviting. I will be right over!!

Comment

Beautiful!!
                  :icon_wave:Joan

Comment

Absolutely Gorgeous!!!! And I have a bedroom that it would look wonderful in....just saying - LOL

Comment

Beautiful pillow and quilt!
                      Cindy

Comment

I just love your colors you picked the pillow and quilt are beautiful. Great job

Comment

Working...
                        X