First Patchwork Quilt Top Work In Progress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Patchwork Quilt Top Work In Progress

Hi Ladies,I know it has been some time since I last posted.But over the last year my mom and I have been doing quite a bit of quilting and a few home dec projects.A few of the projects we have made are from several of Kathy Shaw's Crazy Quilting Classes,and have done a few of the challenges for Crazy Quilt International group and finished of.For my mom's anniversary I decided I would take the blocks that my mom made from the various classes she took from Kathy Shaw and turn them into finished projects.The block she made from Kathy's Beginner class I turned into a decorative pillow for her bedroom,while I took the blocks that she made from the ICQC-107 Class and turned them into small wallhangings for the door of her sewing room.She was really happy with the way they all turned out.
    Back in May,My mom and I got the opportunity to take a online Traditional Quilting Class from Kathy Shaw.Even though we love doing applique quilts,we always wanted to learn how to make the different patchwork blocks.My mom's turning hers into individual mug rugs while I turned mine into a small wallhanging for my bedroom/sewing room.I'm currently working on the border that I designed for the quilt.It will be a swag with hearts and flowers.The border will be made using the white on white fabric for the sashing while the swags will be made using the green fabric that is in the blocks,and the hearts and flowers will be made of the darker purple.I hope to have the outside border all cut and marked out later on this evening so I can start sewing it to the quilt top.To see the pictures of the blocks,plus the projects I made for my mom please visit my photo album http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/album.php?albumid=3286
    Hope everyone has a great day.Happy Quilting.Hugs Katie

Re: First Patchwork Quilt Top Work In Progress

All your work is beautiful!!!

Comment

Very beautiful... Love the blue and yellow blocks.
      Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
      sigpic

Comment

I also love the blue and yellow blocks
        :icon_wave:Joan

Comment

Working...
        X