X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Spiral Lone Star

Originally posted by DeniseSm View Post
    Gorgeous. It looks fantastic.

The pattern is available in Jan Krentz book, which is very well written.

https://www.amazon.com/Lone-Quilts-B.../dp/1571201610

or you can get an idea of how to arrange the star points by downloading this file (no dimensions provided, it is just the concept)

https://ttfabrics.com/project/soho-spiral-lone-star/
    Jan Krentz's book is an excellent reference! I've made one using her method.

Comment

This is absolutely beautiful! I have wanted to make one of these for a very long time! Thanks for the inspiration!

Comment

Oh my gosh Jean! This is amazing! YOU are amazing! Wow!
        sigpic~~Libby~~

Quilters make great comforters.

Friendship is sewn with love and measured by kindness.

Comment

Wow great job on that. Now where did I put my sunglasses, that is a really bright one!

Comment

WOW....Jean, you are amazing!
            I have watched the Donna Jordan tutorial from Jordan Fabrics about lone star quilts....and I am thinking about trying this, but to be honest, I will never master this like you have !

So pretty !
            Jacqueline ( Sugar ) Dorer-Russell
            http:\\www.sugarssmilinpapercrafts.BlogSpot.com

"I miss the me I was when you were here"

Comment

Amazing!!! So in awe of you!

Comment

Beautiful Lone Star. For those thinking "I would never be able to make this pattern", check out http://quiltsmart.com/
                I am going to make one 58 inch for a wedding gift and the smaller one with added wider borders for a lap. The Quiltsmart uses interfacing. You cut 2 1/2 WOF and then sub cut 5 1/2. No Y seams Check out the tutorials for this site.
                The Lone Star is only one of the patterns they have

Comment

It is beautiful. Love that fabric!
                  Goin' off the rails on a crazy train.....

Comment

Originally posted by Kris Kratovil View Post
                    Was the how to do it ever shared for this project?
                    Since the basic instruction for this was a published pattern, I couldn't share in writing. That' s why I did a show and tell at the retreat. You can find how-to tutorials on line. This is not a tutorial that Jenny has developed. Once you get the jist of how to make the basic diamond, you can modify to make any size, color combo. I found a number of books on Amazon on how to do the basic Star, and the get creative with add one for the border.

https://www.amazon.com/Jelly-Roll-Qu...ywords=lintott

This is the book I used for the basic strip pieced Lone Star Quilt.
                    https://www.amazon.com/All-Star-Quil...ne+star+quilts

I am using this book to make a larger quilt to use as a quilt for my queen size bed.
                    Last edited by Jean Sewing Machine; July 7, 2017, 09:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mamo69 View Post
                      Beautiful Lone Star. For those thinking "I would never be able to make this pattern", check out http://quiltsmart.com/
                      I am going to make one 58 inch for a wedding gift and the smaller one with added wider borders for a lap. The Quiltsmart uses interfacing. You cut 2 1/2 WOF and then sub cut 5 1/2. No Y seams Check out the tutorials for this site.
                      The Lone Star is only one of the patterns they have
                      I have this quiltsmart grid fabric. I was so confused for how to choose my fabrics, I never used it. Honestly, strip piecing is so easy, you really don't need this and it is very expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by jjkaiser View Post
                        Wow great job on that. Now where did I put my sunglasses, that is a really bright one!
                        Yes, I wonder if I'll be able to sleep once this is on the bed! Getting closer to a finish!

Comment

Originally posted by redcaboose1717 View Post
                          WOW....Jean, you are amazing!
                          I have watched the Donna Jordan tutorial from Jordan Fabrics about lone star quilts....and I am thinking about trying this, but to be honest, I will never master this like you have !

So pretty !
                          The Jordan tutorial is hard for me to watch since all he needs to do is cut strips, but he makes such a production out of it, I can't stick with it long enough to see them put together the actual star!.

Comment

Your Lone Star quilt is amazing! Last year, I tackled learning to strip piece this pattern and found out that it is not so difficult after all. As you, I fell in love with this pattern and went crazy making various-sized stars. Now, I have a pile of mini stars in a stash waiting for use as applique. You have inspired me again.
                            Just love everyone. I'll sort them out later. -God

Comment

Originally posted by Rock View Post
                              Your Lone Star quilt is amazing! Last year, I tackled learning to strip piece this pattern and found out that it is not so difficult after all. As you, I fell in love with this pattern and went crazy making various-sized stars. Now, I have a pile of mini stars in a stash waiting for use as applique. You have inspired me again.
                              I so agree about this pattern not being that hard. The trickiest part, I think is cutting accurately, and not stretching the large diamond section when you press the seams. I made an ironing template out of canvas, sewed on the seam lines to match the seams on the diamond, found this to be very helpful in keeping the shape as it should be.

We made a lot of these stars at the retreat, some finished all 4 to make a whole quilt top. ( pattern in the Lintott Jelly Roll book has you make 4 small stars and put them together with sashing.). And they turned out beautiful!

Comment

So beautiful and such a strong statement. Your work is art.

Comment

Working...
                                X