Switching It Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Switching It Up

My friend's daughter is marrying in NYC next month. She and a number of family members will be heading up there for the big event. My friend and her husband will be hosting the rehearsal dinner at the place they are renting during their stay. Some of the family members are helping out with the cooking for the event. They will be serving Mexican (her husband is originally from Mexico and she is originally from Chile). She asked me to make six women's aprons and two men's.

The bride and groom are very interested in the arts. He is actually an aspiring writer of plays and scripts. The wedding is taking place in a movie museum and the colors will be black and gold. I was thrilled to find this themed movie fabric in the right colors so I got busy assembly-line sewing all these aprons for the gals. Marta gave me two really inexpensive black, blank apons which I embellished with the embroidered chef and the pocket to match the women's aprons. The deal is she will pay for the materials. My labor is a labor of love for my friends rather than any financial gain. I think her idea is so nice since each helper will go home with their apron as a memento of their niece's union.

By the way, Las Tias means The Aunts. Not sure what the men's aprons say. Couldn't find a translation. I assume it has something to do with grilling the meat. hahaha
    Attached Files
    Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

Re: Switching It Up

They turned out so cute!!
    ***Kathy***

Comment

Oh those are great! And so nice of you to do for your friend. I bet everyone will love them!
      Lori

http://sewtimeforme.blogspot.com/

Comment

Absolutely adorable! Also, the Spanish word "parrilla" means "grill," so I'm assuming a "parrillero" is the grilling chef!

Comment

Those are wonderful. El Parrillero means the cook or the barbeque cook...I imagine similar to our word grillmaster. You did a wonderful job on your labor of love.
          sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

What wonderful, thoughtful gifts!

Comment

Wow, so lovely! Sounds like a lovely wedding going to take place. You are a good friend, these are just great aprons.

Comment

Thanks, everyone. I thought you'd get a kick out of seeing these aprons. A bit of a change from all of our quilting adventures.
                Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

Comment

Originally posted by rebeccas-sewing View Post
                  ... Not sure what the men's aprons say. Couldn't find a translation. I assume it has something to do with grilling the meat. hahaha
                  What a find for the fabric - and great job on the aprons. Parrillera is a grill used to broil meat, and parrilleros are the cooks who use those grills. They are South American terms. (Just a little successful googling!)
                  If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.- Zig Ziglar

Comment

So cute! I really love the gathers.

Comment

So cute. Have fun at the wedding.

Comment

What a wonderful idea! Love how you've carried out her plan. Great job and they will be treasured as a day of joy.

Linda

Comment

Those are so cute - good job!
                          Cindy

Comment

Your aprons turned out so cute! Great gift ideas!

Comment

Working...
                            X