Making of this quilt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Making of this quilt

About 2 weeks ago I decided to make a quilt for the 4th to use to watch the fireworks, this year, Ordered a layer cake called All American and border fabric. The next day I realized I would need sashing and ordered the matching red fabric and another layer cake, because I realized I needed a big quilt. 1st order came the week before the 4th but because of the weekend the other LC came about 4 days later.(about the 28th) I then proceeded to make the double slice quilt, but decided I wanted sashing. So Sat. the 7/2, I started the sashing on 54 squares. Then inner border and border. This took me 10 hrs. (late night) The next available time to work on it was 5 pm the next day. In 6 hours I layered & quilted it. This morning I took about 2 hours to put the binding on.
    Dare I say, that was not a fun way to make a quilt, but I do like how it turned out AND in time for tonight! : P
    Attached Files
    :icon_hiya: Coleen

"I expect to pass through this world but once. Any good I can do, or any kindness I can show, let me do now, for I will not pass through this way again."

Re: Making of this quilt

Totally missing the like button. This looks fantastic. Enjoy!
    Karen
    Life is short - Live everyday to the fullest

Comment

Great looking quilt! Congratulations on getting it done on time. I also appreciate seeing what a double slice looks like with sashing.
      If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.- Zig Ziglar

Comment

This came out really nice. Sorry the delay caused you extra stress for delivery time, but you pulled it off, and now can enjoy.

Comment

Very nice! Clicking the "like" button that we no longer have!

Comment

Beautiful!! You did a great job. Enjoy it tonight!
            Gerri

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

Comment

That's really nice! I like the sashing with the double slice. Good job especially under pressure!

Comment

That's really cute, and I'll bet it offers an especially lovely view of the fireworks!

Comment

I do like that sashing! I'm very impressed with how quickly you got it done.
                  Lori

http://sewtimeforme.blogspot.com/

Comment

Amazing finish! Hope you enjoyed the fireworks!

Comment

Really nice- sashing works.

Comment

Very nice! You work well under pressure!
                        I am Sew Blessed!
                        Alina

Comment

Fabulous and festive! Love how you finished it. Can only imagine your relief after working with such a short timeline.

Comment

Love the sashing for the double slice. What a great job under pressure!
                            Ellen =^..^=

Comment

Coleen, I think you win the prize for deadline-meeting! Goodness, when you said you were planning to make a quilt in two weeks, I was already impressed - but to do it in two DAYS has my head spinning!

You did a beautiful job. Hope you enjoyed the fireworks, and that you can now catch up on some well-earned rest!

Comment

Working...
                              X