Uglyquilt is finished

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Uglyquilt is finished

You turned that Ugly Duckling into a Lovely Swan.

Comment

Actually, that's the thing...he found it in an old house somewhere and gave $10 for it and thought he had an outstanding find. Huh?
      Originally posted by stationarymom View Post
      He should be very happy! You kept the integrity of the quilt and finished what he couldn't.I wonder what relative or friend made this originally?It sounds like it is important to him.
      success is walking from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiam
      Terry of NC

Comment

I feel there is never anything ugly about a quilt that is handpieced, and quilted with love... The beauty comes in the warmth and fun it brings... Remember back when OLD CLOTHES were used, whatever they had, that could not be worn anymore to keep WARM)
        "Each day well-lived and Happy;
        that's all there is to Life!"

Comment

You are absolutely right Grammababs and I have always said, there's no such thing as an ugly quilt. The thing about this one was that the 9 patches were so wonderful...all hand pieced and the fabric all from the same vintage and then someone just thoughtlessly put some bigger squares (not even the same size squares) in between. I suppose they didn't know any better and they probably thought finished was better than nothing. I just wished he would have let me take it apart and salvage the true integrity of the handpieced beauty.
          Terry of NC

Comment

His loss and your payday.

Comment

I don't think it's ugly at all....it reminds me of a quilt that would have been pieced together with whatever scraps were available at the time ...looks very vintage like it has an Appalachian heritage....... your quilting is great!! I even think you could have charged a little more too. I like it!
              sigpic

"May there always be work for your hands to do"

Comment

I think you did a fantastic job. Give yourself credit. And yes you deserve the $200. I'm sure he is going to love it. I love the "C"s.

Now take a deep breath and relax!
                sigpicLinda :icon_wave:

Comment

Great job! Love the quilting!

Comment

I called him and he came and got it at 3pm today. He brought me two crisp $100 bills. I told him thank you. He loved the blue borders I put on and he liked the quilting and he told me he will give it to his wife for her birthday in August.
                    Then, I told him if I hadn't been working on his quilt I would have been working on the Shriners Raffle quilts and I thought he should buy $20 worth of tickets. He said I was hard to resist and handed over another $20. I'd say he was pretty happy
                    Terry of NC

Comment

How IS that raffle going? Can we have an update?

Comment

Originally posted by shirleyknot View Post
                        How IS that raffle going? Can we have an update?
                        Well, From the group I am collecting on, we have about $1500...maybe a little more. The Shriners are selling tickets too. Last week I heard they needed more tickets, so that means they have sold a bunch. No one is updating me on $$ numbers from the coon hunters or the Shriners. They have a meeting once a month and like I said, last week they were asking to have more tickets printed. We've had 3000 printed but that doesn't mean they have been sold...just distributed to volunteers that believe they can sell that many. My group is about 15 retail merchants that are trying to sell them in their stores. Looks like we are getting about $50 a week from them. My restaurant seems to get about $40-50 a week so all in all, I think we are going to do okay. Thanks for asking and caring. If it hadn't been for all of your wonderful donations, none of this would be possible.
                        Oh yes, the shriners are having a big car show in August and are going to take all the quilts and sell tickets their too. That should be a biggy I think.
                        Terry of NC

Comment

That does sound like its doing pretty well. A very good thing indeed.

Comment

I like it! Worth every penny you asked for.

Comment

You made it look great!!
                              ~~Sewin' Love w/ Quilting~~Lucy~~

Comment

wonderful job you should be very proud. and fast too

Comment

Working...
                                X