This one is Dedicated to Bubby!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This one is Dedicated to Bubby!

Hello my friend, I finished it! I really did. I do not even know how long ago it was that I started this one. I became disenchanted and left it on the board with some blocks done and some not. LOL. About a week ago I decided I wanted it DONE>>> FINISHED! I finished putting the large blocks together... and moved on to my inner borders... I know Jenny didn't do any... but I added the 2.5 inch white, and a 1.5 inch red. And then I started squaring up those little leftover blocks for the last border. I had to stop a few times for life happening, but I have gone back in every day to do some... I put one border together and went on squaring up... today I put my last three borders together and started adding them. Well into the first one I realized I had put it on backwards. UGH... do I rip or go with it?? Jenny put her blue on the outside... and that is what I had planned too. I knew if I started ripping I might just toss it aside again. So... I put all three on with the dark blue inside. And it was a happy accident. I like it.

So... thank you for all the encouragement you sent me .. the pep talks and the faith in me! I don't know when I would have finished if not for you being perched on my shoulder saying..."You can do it"...

Oh good grief! I checked and Jenny did this tutorial a year ago this month. I did my strip blocks that week. A year... this has been a UFO for a year?
    13495203_1213537412012760_5981238268114973481_n.jpg
    Last edited by kensington; June 23, 2016, 12:54 AM.

Re: This one is Dedicated to Bubby!

I KNEW you could do it, Kensington, and it turned out fantastic!!!!! Your stars look great in navy and really pop. The extra borders are such a nice touch. While there is no one thing about this quilt that's truly difficult, there are several steps and LOTS of squaring up. A lot of these quilts were started but not many that I know of that were completed. I hope you really enjoy this quilt. I know I'm proud of you for such a fine finish. Hugs.....
    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

I am glad you finished it and shared it. It is beautiful!
      If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.- Zig Ziglar

Comment

Thank you for sharing your triumph! It's a beautiful quilt... I'm impressed thst you stayed with it... Yay!

Sandy from Cincinnati

AKA Kermit

Comment

It's a beauty!
          Courage is being scared to death, and saddling up anyway. ~John Wayne

Quilting is my passion . . . chocolate is a close second!

Comment

What a stunning quilt! Love it.
            sigpic

Comment

This is gorgeous! Great finish - now I'll have to go look it up. I'm not really feeling that ambitious, but I like it a lot. What is it called?
              Cindy

Comment

Gorgeous quilt. A great triumph Gloria!
                Beth

Procrastinate. It frees up time to quilt!

Comment

It turned out fabulous! Very striking quilt!
                  ***Kathy***

Comment

That is gorgeous. You did a fantastic job on this one!! That Bubby - is she priceless or what!!!!!
                    Gerri

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

Comment

Looks great.

Comment

What wonderful work. It looks like a tapestry. I am envious of your talent
                        Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
                        Terry

Comment

WOW do i LOVE this quilt!!!!!
                          Good for Bubby cheering you on... because it's a beauty... i especiallly love the outside border... is it flying geese or something you've come up with yourself... Wonderful.... )GB
                          "Each day well-lived and Happy;
                          that's all there is to Life!"

Comment

Simply beautiful quilt!!
                            I'm glad you got back to it and finished it...great job!
                            Carol

Sewing Mends The Soul ~ Author Unknown

Comment

I'm clicking the LIKE BUTTON, which of course isn't there. A beautiful job! Your perseverance paid off.

Comment

Working...
                              X