Clear All

A Queen's Necklace

I finished it and mom loved it.
    http://sewpreetiquilts.blogspot.com/...-necklace.html
    IMG_5220_forum.jpg
    Preeti
    http://sewpreetiquilts.blogspot.com/

Re: A Queen's Necklace

I loved your whole story and the way it is coming along. You have learned one of the deep truths of life. With my mother I learn (after many hurtful years) that she couldn't give what she didn't have.

Wishing continued healing with your Mom. Her quilt is gorgeous.
    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Preeti, I have always admired your quilts and this is no exception. I'm so glad you were able to go see your mother. I think this quilt and your visit will help heal both of you. Good to see you back!
      Ellen =^..^=

Comment

What a beautiful quilt! I am so glad you were able to be there for your mom! How wonderful that she loved your beautiful gift! May she heal and return to health soon!

Comment

Your quilt is beautiful! You are not only a very talented quilter but a person with a very talented person with words. As with the other story before you left and this story with the finished quilt is something I want to share with others. Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful words.
          Prayers and many blessings to you!
          Anita

Comment

Absolutely stunning quilt, work and the back story is very special - hoping that your Mom heals quickly. Thank you for sharing something so personal.
            Sewing mends the soul.
            sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
            Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
            ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Comment

Preeti, your mom's quilt is gorgeous. Thank you for sharing your story with us. I hope your moms recovery continues to go well.
              "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
              Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

What a beautiful truth "The only way to lessen our pain is to lessen theirs"
                Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Comment

I missed you! Glad things went so well. Best to you and your mom.
                  Courtesy is not optional.

http://theeclecticabuela.blogspot.com

Comment

Your story and your quilt are an inspiration to us all... Most quilters "feel deeply"... it is an attribute we all seem to share) blessings to you and your Mom) GB
                    "Each day well-lived and Happy;
                    that's all there is to Life!"

Comment

Wow... What a gorgeous quilt.... I'm so glad to hear that your mom loved it...

Sandy from Cincinnati

AKA Kermit

Comment

I´m glad to see her again in the forum and make your trip has been happy, I hope your mother is well and can soon enjoy your beautiful quilt. His work has been very nice as everything you do

Comment

Preeti, your quilt is stunning and I'll bet your mother was overwhelmed. Thus the passive aggressive reaction. I have lived the pain you described so well in my relationship with my mother. It took a long time for me to understand the depth of misery and self-loathing, and even longer to get past her aggression peacefully. It's a journey, indeed.

Comment

I'm glad she liked the quilt and you were able to have a good visit.

Comment

It's a beautiful quilt Preeti. I hope the healing (physical and emotional) continues well for both your mom and you.
                              *~* Myrna *~*
                              *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Comment

Working...
                              X