2 More Stash Quilts Completed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 More Stash Quilts Completed

I have really been trying to use more "stash" before I buy anymore fabric...here are 2 that I finished stitching the binding on last evening...they are baby size quilts or maybe used as table toppers
    Attached Files
    Carol

Sewing Mends The Soul ~ Author Unknown

Re: 2 More Stash Quilts Completed

Nice! I especially like the pink and white one. I've never seen that pattern before. It's a great way to use up scraps and it is so pretty! Did you make it up yourself?
    Cyndi

“Have courage for the great sorrows of life and patience for the small ones; and when you have laboriously accomplished your daily task, go to sleep in peace. God is awake.” - Victor Hugo

Comment

IMG_2864.jpgCyndi, I honestly don't know if I saw it before or made it up as I went...it is a variation of a coin quilt I did another like it sometime back...
      Carol

Comment

I like the purple and green one a lot! The green dotty border is one of my favorite "basic" fabrics.

Comment

I like them both, but the purple one a little more How do you decide which fabrics in your stash to use? I look at my stash and I think "that won't look good together". But then I see similar colors in a quilt and they look great. I need to get out of my comfort zone a little more. Hey, that's a great name for a quilt "Beyond the Comfort Zone".
          One yard of fabric, like one cookie, is never enough!

Comment

Originally posted by CraftHer View Post
            I like them both, but the purple one a little more How do you decide which fabrics in your stash to use? I look at my stash and I think "that won't look good together". But then I see similar colors in a quilt and they look great. I need to get out of my comfort zone a little more. Hey, that's a great name for a quilt "Beyond the Comfort Zone".
            I always thought I would do a purple and green quilt...it actually turned out prettier than I imagined...my quilting friends have said I have an eye for matching up fabric...and truthfully I have a ton of "stash"....but it is my obsession to keep on buying...lol, but I am using up some of the stash....
            I like "Beyond The Comfort Zone"
            Carol

Comment

Originally posted by sewbizzy View Post
              I have really been trying to use more "stash" before I buy anymore fabric...here are 2 that I finished stitching the binding on last evening...they are baby size quilts or maybe used as table toppers
              You are always so creative Carol. I love the blue one. My daughter would think that was a crazy great table topper.
              Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
              Terry

Comment

I like both of them. The colors are very soothing.
                Cindy

Comment

They are all beautiful!
                  🌺 Lorie

Comment

Absolutely love these. Your quilts are always so adorable, and these are as well.
                    Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
                    sigpic

Comment

They are both beautiful! The pink one looks like it could be a bookcase.
                      :icon_wave:Joan

Comment

I love them both.

Comment

Your quilts are always an inspiration - all really pretty!

Comment

Two beautiful quilts!! I might have to make the half square triangle one.
                            sigpicAnita G.

Comment

Very nice job! Isn't it great using up some of your old fabric?! Sometimes I ask myself what an I saving this for

Comment

Working...
                              X