X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kensington
    replied
    Re: Cutting Corners

I am another one of those "white" background people. I just like the crisp look that white brings to a quilt. I love the way it makes my pattern or chosen colors pop.

Leave a comment:

• GrandmaE
    replied

I think it is very pretty. White gives a crisp look with a lot of contrast but this is cheery.

Leave a comment:

• Cool Breeze Quilter
    replied

I like the color. It's a beautiful summery quilt.

Leave a comment:

• Illini Linda
    replied

I love your use of colored fabric instead of white. It gives it a wow factor that brings a smile. Very pretty.

Linda

Leave a comment:

• Chantal
    replied

Very pretty quilt! Love your colors. I recently saw a book by John Q Adams called Beyond Neutral where he uses solid colors instead of the white backgrounds. Really interesting results. I want to try this too.

Leave a comment:

• tamsterg7
    replied

I love it! I am a big 'white' user too, and have a project to try wkth pink instead. I really like your choice, it makes a very cool relaxkng feelling and yet the other colors pop. Really, really nice!

Leave a comment:

• Cokie
    replied

I think it's very nice! You did a good job choosing the background color!

Leave a comment:

• grammaterry
    replied

I think It is very beachy and I applaud your choice of colors. That is truly lovely and I know you will get a lot of use from it.

Leave a comment:

• GuitarGramma
    replied

I think your quilt looks yummy! But, I have to admit, that aqua is one of my favorite colors.

Leave a comment:

• iluvbaking
    replied

Add me to those who love your quilt and its colors! Hope you change your mind and decide you love that background color too!

Leave a comment:

• KarenC
    replied

I love the beach colors and think you did an awesome job. In my opinion, it's just out of your comfort zone. Give it a few weeks and you'll love it as much as the rest of us.

Leave a comment:

• LynneLeavell
    replied

I love this. I too will take it off of your hands if you don't like it. I love it. I'm one that tries not to use White White. If it calls for White in the background I will use Snow by Moda. It's an off white color. I only use white if there is no other option that will look good with the other fabrics. This one is very nice. Again I love it. You did a great job.

Leave a comment:

• Midge
    replied

That looks so fresh and summery as others have pointed out. Sorry you are regretting this choice because I think it's very successful.

Leave a comment:

• amartin24
    replied

I really like it and the fact that you stepped out of the box!

Leave a comment:

• Spiff
    replied

Oh, that quilt makes me think of summer! Love it!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X