My Twister Quilt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Twister Quilt

IMG_1594.jpg I had fun making this twister quilt. I did a small one and knew I had to do the larger one. It is Hoffman Batiks Fabric, Tiramisu #BC-607. I just did straight stitching inside each twist which was a challenge! It is a wonder I didn't wear out my on start/stop button!

Re: My Twister Quilt

Lovely quilt!
    If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Comment

Very pretty. Your quilting motif looks lovely. Bet it took a long time.
      Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Comment

It looks great Barb! Well done. I have yet to attempt a twister quilt...but your looks great!
        Elaine

Comment

Your quilt looks lovely! I give you a lot of credit for doing not 1 but 2 twister quilts. I did a small one and it killed me with cutting sewing cutting sewing too much fussy work for me. Never again.
          sigpic:icon_hug: Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
          Time spent with cats is never wasted.
          Sigmund Freud

Comment

Very nicely done - and I think your color selection is lovely.

I sometimes use my free motion (darning) foot for the type of quilting you did. Also, for me, using the pedal instead of the start-stop button is easier.
            If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.- Zig Ziglar

Comment

I love the colors of your quilt - very soothing. I haven't attempted a Twister quilt, yet. I looked at the template, but can't figure out what you do with it. I would need to watch a video first.
              Cindy

Comment

That's a great looking quilt! I made a small wreath table topper with the small Twister and it was a lot of work. I can't imagine making a large one. Kudos for sticking with it to the end!!
                sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Thank you-I love it. It is a lot of sewing and cutting and sewing again! I will make another one-after spending the money for the twister template! I won't use Batiks on my next one.

Comment

Lovely quilt! A lot of hard work and the quilting is great for that one. Congrats for sticking to it not once, but twice, maybe even more?
                    I am Sew Blessed!
                    Alina

Comment

Working...
                    X