Knight's Quest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Knight's Quest

I just have to finish hand sewing the binding, and this little gem will be complete. When I found the panel, I thought it would be such a sweet quilt for a baby boy. I had always wanted to put a checkerboard border on a quilt, and I thought this was a perfect choice. I also pieced the back with some of the border fabrics from this line.
    Attached Files
    Elaine

Re: Knight's Quest

That is a terrific quilt. The checkerboard border is lovely, and I also like the border of the coat of arms! Your backing is great, too. All around, a job well done!
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.- Zig Ziglar

Comment

Well that is the cutest little quilt! Some little guy is going to be so thrilled with this. Love the red and white check border.
      Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

Comment

This quilt rates high on the cute factor! I love it when people show their pictures of something we make often (baby quilts) but managed to find a wacky non traditional way to make it sing, like using that adorable panel. You did a great job! The baby (really the Mom) will love it!!

Comment

I love that panel - what a great find. And a very creative way to put a cute 'boy' quilt together. Great job!
          Cindy

Comment

Love it! How colorful!

Comment

That's a great boy quilt! Did the border fabrics come with the panel or did you have to shop for them? All of the fabrics you used work so well together.What size is it finished?
              :icon_wave:Joan

Comment

Originally posted by stationarymom View Post
                That's a great boy quilt! Did the border fabrics come with the panel or did you have to shop for them? All of the fabrics you used work so well together.What size is it finished?
                The border fabrics were in the same fabric line (Little Knight's Quest by Northcott) and did not come with the panel. The finished size is 36" x 52" roughly.
                Elaine

Comment

That's such a great quilt for a boy....any boy would LOVE it!
                  sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

So very cute. Great creativity.

Comment

That is adorable for a little boy. I love the line of fabric-your backs are always as pretty as the front of the quilt. I see that you quilted it on your Skyline S5 too! I am really liking mine too-thanks for talking me into it!

Comment

Originally posted by Barbrae View Post
                        That is adorable for a little boy. I love the line of fabric-your backs are always as pretty as the front of the quilt. I see that you quilted it on your Skyline S5 too! I am really liking mine too-thanks for talking me into it!
                        Thanks Barb. I do really enjoy using my S5....I'm glad you do too!
                        Elaine

Comment

Too Cute!!!
                          sigpicAnita G.

Comment

Working...
                          X