X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• g8dhorse7
    replied
    Re: new bag pattern

She's beautiful, Doloris! I need to pick fabric for my Dandelion now.

Leave a comment:

• Andrea F
    replied

Looks great and I love the idea of attaching the handles with snaps. I don't like that they just hang down there when I use a shoulder strap.
    I'd be very curious to see a pic of your pretty NCW too. It looks very intriguing so completely black. Did you put a piece of peltex for the accent in the flap or did you just stitch a line there?

Leave a comment:

• songbird857
    replied

Mmmm-mm-mm... that is one gooood lookin' bag

Leave a comment:

• Doloris
    replied

Originally posted by Cokie View Post
    That's cute! What did you put on the bottom?
    the bottom , sides, and contrast across the front is a basketweave vinyl I picked up at JoAnns in the remnants. The black and white is a 56" wide cotton that I picked up at WalMart for $1/yard

Leave a comment:

• seaturtle
    replied

That looks terrific! What is the black material on the bottom and sides? I hope to graduate to bags one day.

Leave a comment:

• Sandy Navas
    replied

Great job there. I'm working on a hobo bag for a neighbor - I don't think my workmanship will stand up to you though.

Leave a comment:

• bubba
    replied

I saw the pictures of the one w/the twist lock too and liked it. I think I'd leave the short straps off and just make mine a crossbody bag, when I can sew again. I have bought about six patterns in the past few weeks and they are just sitting here waiting to be sewn....

Leave a comment:

• Cokie
    replied

That's cute! What did you put on the bottom?

Leave a comment:

• K. McEuen
    replied

Looks even better with the handles!

I saw where someone has already done a tutorial for a flap closure with a turnlock addition to this purse too.

Leave a comment:

• Doloris
    started a topic new bag pattern

new bag pattern

New! The Dandelion Double Zip Handbag - PDF Sewing Pattern (20% Off Re ? Blue Calla Patterns

made this bag today and I love it. I made it 1 inch shorter than the pattern was because I only carry a wallet and a few other things. Plenty of room in there for an NCW wallet and other things. Has 2 zipper pockets on top besides the center section. Center closes with a magnetic snap, but I think I am going to experiment with adding another zipper flap there. I also put my straps on with snaps because there is also a cross body strap and I wanted to be able to take the short handles off when I use the crossbody

dandelion.jpg dandelion1.jpg
    dandelion2.jpg dandelion3.jpg
    thought you might want to see it right side up
    dandelion.jpg
    Last edited by Doloris; May 31, 2016, 04:51 PM.
Working...
X