new bag pattern

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new bag pattern

New! The Dandelion Double Zip Handbag - PDF Sewing Pattern (20% Off Re ? Blue Calla Patterns

made this bag today and I love it. I made it 1 inch shorter than the pattern was because I only carry a wallet and a few other things. Plenty of room in there for an NCW wallet and other things. Has 2 zipper pockets on top besides the center section. Center closes with a magnetic snap, but I think I am going to experiment with adding another zipper flap there. I also put my straps on with snaps because there is also a cross body strap and I wanted to be able to take the short handles off when I use the crossbody

dandelion.jpg dandelion1.jpg
    dandelion2.jpg dandelion3.jpg
    thought you might want to see it right side up
    dandelion.jpg
    Last edited by Doloris; May 31, 2016, 04:51 PM.
    Dolores :lol::icon_heh:

Re: new bag pattern

Looks even better with the handles!

I saw where someone has already done a tutorial for a flap closure with a turnlock addition to this purse too.
    K is for Karen 😊​..................
    Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
    T - is it TRUE?
    H - is it HELPFUL?
    I - is it INSPIRING?
    N - is it NECESSARY?
    K - is it KIND?

Comment

That's cute! What did you put on the bottom?

Comment

I saw the pictures of the one w/the twist lock too and liked it. I think I'd leave the short straps off and just make mine a crossbody bag, when I can sew again. I have bought about six patterns in the past few weeks and they are just sitting here waiting to be sewn....
        pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

Great job there. I'm working on a hobo bag for a neighbor - I don't think my workmanship will stand up to you though.
          Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
          it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

That looks terrific! What is the black material on the bottom and sides? I hope to graduate to bags one day.
            Cindy

Comment

Originally posted by Cokie View Post
              That's cute! What did you put on the bottom?
              the bottom , sides, and contrast across the front is a basketweave vinyl I picked up at JoAnns in the remnants. The black and white is a 56" wide cotton that I picked up at WalMart for $1/yard
              Dolores :lol::icon_heh:

Comment

Mmmm-mm-mm... that is one gooood lookin' bag

Comment

Looks great and I love the idea of attaching the handles with snaps. I don't like that they just hang down there when I use a shoulder strap.
                  I'd be very curious to see a pic of your pretty NCW too. It looks very intriguing so completely black. Did you put a piece of peltex for the accent in the flap or did you just stitch a line there?

Comment

She's beautiful, Doloris! I need to pick fabric for my Dandelion now.

Comment

Working...
                    X