Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Charm Tote Bag

img_5839.jpgimg_5841.jpg
    With lots of tips and guidance from Monique, I present my first tote bag! I'm not a sewer and construction was all new to me. Other than sewing the handles in upside down (which I discovered AFTER I finished stitching down the lining!) I didn't have too many troubles. It was fun to cover the button with the $2.49 gadget (which I got 50% off) and I learned a lot making this tote. It's messy in places but I get the idea - a little confused by the instructions but thank you to Monique for walking me through them! Daughter wants a backpack...

Re: Charm Tote Bag

It looks great. I think you did a wonderful job. We need a thumbs up icon.

Comment

I love this bag Angie. It's really pretty. I really like the colors you chose. Hugs, Jan L.
      Home, where each lives for the others and all live for God! ><(((((o>

Comment

Pretty bag! You did a great job! One time I put the handles INSIDE between the lining and the outer part. Yup - got the ripper out.

Hugs,
        http://www.flickr.com/photos/quiltsbytrish
        http://quiltdreaming.blogspot.com
        http://pinterest.com/TrishLapp

What if you woke up today and the only things you had were the things you thanked God for yesterday? :icon_hug:quilting trish

Comment

Originally posted by mitzs View Post
          It looks great. I think you did a wonderful job. We need a thumbs up icon.
          I totally agree about the thumbs up or Like button. this is a fabulous bag. great job.
          ;)Nancy

I got a sewing machine for my husband. Good trade, huh!?!

Comment

Originally posted by quiltingtrish View Post
            Pretty bag! You did a great job! One time I put the handles INSIDE between the lining and the outer part. Yup - got the ripper out.

Hugs,
            yes, that's what I did! I turned the bag and thought...hmmm, where are the handles? lol!

Comment

Originally posted by a1angiem View Post
              yes, that's what I did! I turned the bag and thought...hmmm, where are the handles? lol!
              Sounds like something I'd do! You'll never make the same mistake again LOL.

Your bag is just adorable, love your fabrics!
              There's still time to change the road you're on - Led Zeppelin, "Stairway to Heaven"

Comment

I love your tote! I have done the same thing with my handles, and have to double/triple check them everytime. You did a fabulous job
                Mary :icon_hi:

Love is the thread that mends worn hearts.

Comment

Angie, way to go. It looks fabulous. You did an amazing job. Now that you have all the kinks worked out, you will be making these in your sleep. Proud of you, I knew you could do it.
                  Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Originally posted by Monique View Post
                    Angie, way to go. It looks fabulous. You did an amazing job. Now that you have all the kinks worked out, you will be making these in your sleep. Proud of you, I knew you could do it.
                    I almost had to call you about those silly handles being INSIDE the bag! lol! Now how did I do that?!?! thanks again!

Comment

Love, love, love it. We all do those goofs that write on our brain so we never do them again. Working on a bag today that called for binding to be sewed over the inside seams. Flipped that binding up after stitching one side and clipped it even with the top so I could hand stitch on the other side. Got ready to do my hand stitching and realized I had clipped two of the seams about an inch and a half too short! That's when I want to make some more of Blondie's starch recipe . . .
                      Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
                      it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

I love your tote. I really like the colors. The more you make the easier they get. Good luck with the backpack!

Comment

Fantastic!!!!!

...and we DEFINITELY need a LIKE button!!!!
                          May your sorrows be patched and your joys be quilted

Comment

You must be so happy with how it came out! The colors are beautiful and the whole bag is so pretty. With all the pretty totes you guys are making I'm getting tote-fever! It's time for a new one anyway and I have this 50% off coupon burning a hole in my OLD tote. Time for a new one, maybe?
                            Cyndi

“Have courage for the great sorrows of life and patience for the small ones; and when you have laboriously accomplished your daily task, go to sleep in peace. God is awake.” - Victor Hugo

Comment

Oh I love that tote too, I just bought some charms friday, LQS had a 25% off sale, they are very pretty, not sure when I'll start one of these, but I'll let everyone know!!

Comment

Working...
                              X