Christmas Projects Done!:)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Christmas Projects Done!:)

Me and my sister did a craft show to sell stuff for Christmas......it was a bust! Oh well, Christmas gifts D.O.N.E. I enjoyed each and every piece I made. Don't want to give most of it away LOL. Here it is...........

http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/album.php?albumid=741
    To quilt or not to quilt?.....what a ridiculous question!
    Check out all things quilty at my blog here: http://www.sassyquilter.com

Re: Christmas Projects Done!

I don't know why those beautiful things didn't sell but maybe because lots of people don't value things that were "made". I would have a hard time giving them away except to people I realllly love.
    Claire from Pelham, Alabama

Comment

Sassy, sell them on Etsy! That is a website made especially for handmade items. They are beautiful.
      Success is liking yourself, liking what you do, and liking how you do it.
      Maya Angelou

~Megan~

Comment

Oh, and I'd buy a table runner from you!
        Success is liking yourself, liking what you do, and liking how you do it.
        Maya Angelou

~Megan~

Comment

WHAT!!!!

Welll in that Case!!!!!
          Here's My Address!!!...Hee-hee

U've Got to Be Kidding Me!!!
          a BUST?!?!

No Way! J-O-S-E!!!!!!!!!

Everything You Made Is GORGEOUSE!!!
          Bella...You took the TEXT Right Out of My Fingers!! LOL

Etsy would be a good place to sell try also "CRAIGSLIST"

I Like the "12 Day's of X-Mas Door Hanger"
          How Much For It?
          P.M. ME!!

Last edited by oldgurl4; November 24, 2011, 10:27 AM.
          :icon_popcorn:~When life throws you scraps make a quilt.~

Comment

Thanks! I will definitely consider selling online..... Don't know a lot about etsy. Will check it out. Checked prices with as many as could and they said it sounded fair. And was negotiable.

Comment

How unbelievable! Every thing that you made was beautiful!
              Happy Quilting :icon_wave:

Comment

I can't believe itwas a bust. Your items are gorgeous. Definately try Etsy.com. I have a shop there and just made my first sale. You can too. I really need to make more products but right now it's present making for me. Good Luck!
                ;)Nancy

I got a sewing machine for my husband. Good trade, huh!?!

Comment

how pretty! love the houses and the last table runner
                  Patrice

Comment

HI- My mom and I also did craft fairs (3 in fact) and all but one was a bust. It is hard because you know how much time and love you put into your creations! We have a site on Etsy. It is a good place to put your stuff. Everyone who looks and buys is expecting handmade creations so that is a plus! I would definately encourage you to look into it!

Comment

Really!!...
                      ~Institches~ what's your Link?

~Happy Thanksgiving~
                      :icon_popcorn:~When life throws you scraps make a quilt.~

Comment

Originally posted by institches64 View Post
                        HI- My mom and I also did craft fairs (3 in fact) and all but one was a bust. It is hard because you know how much time and love you put into your creations! We have a site on Etsy. It is a good place to put your stuff. Everyone who looks and buys is expecting handmade creations so that is a plus! I would definately encourage you to look into it!
                        Somebody told me that all quilters will do at least one! LOL. Definitely a lot of work. More fun making gifts for someone you know. Thanks for the info

Comment

Sorry it didn't go well. Been there, done that. It's very discouraging. It certainly has nothing to do with the quality of your work. Everything is lovely. It's hard to know what interests people enough to get them to buy. I think Etsy is a great idea. I've never tried to sell anything on there. I wonder how it works in terms of what you have to pay them to list an item? I tried selling some baby quilts on Ebay and had the same experience. Paying Ebay and getting nothing in return was disappointing and I refuse to practically give away all that hard work. Joe says he'd rather hold onto what I make and give them as gifts. Family and friends really appreciate receiving something that I've made for them. I'm sure all of us get great pleasure out of all the smiles we get when we present one of our gifts to someone special.
                          Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

Comment

HI ladies- I tried on Ebay also and wasn't successful. Etsy charges .20 per item and it is listed on there for 4 months. Right now I think we have about 50 or so items listed. We first started a few years ago, but didn't really do anything with it until the past year. We have meet some really great customers thru there and done a few custom orders which is fun! Our site is www.quiltymom.etsy.com. Really need to get some more items on there but right now, I am focusing on my christmas gifts. I think it would be a great outlet to try and is inexpensive.

Comment

I just tried to sell Autumny (is that a word - haha) and Christmas items at the beginning of November and no one was buying where I was either! There were about 40 vendors and hardly anyone sold anything. Don't know what the hoards of people were looking for but there was lots of variety. I was hoping to make enough to pay a bill or two, but am happy that I have all my Christmas gifts ready to be wrapped!
                              I'm not sure if I want to try Etsy or not in the future, guess I should look into it to see what it's all about.

Wish I could have come to your sale, I probably would have bought something. Those I Believe wall hangings are gorgeous.

Hugs,

Comment

Working...
                              X