Another finished quilt top - Side Step (pattern by Cozy Quilt Designs)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chokoboysmom
    9 Patch Princess
    • Oct 2014

Another finished quilt top - Side Step (pattern by Cozy Quilt Designs)

I finished this quilt top on Mother's Day. The pattern is called "Side Step" by Cozy Quilt Designs. You ought to check out the YouTube video on this strip-club pattern. It is so easy to follow. The finished quilt will be given to my sister-in-law for Christmas. She loves green; but I couldn't make an all-green quilt top (I think it looks more interesting with a few blues mixed in). If I had added a light or medium blue border instead of the green, the greens and blues in the center would look like sea-glass. I am pleased with how it turned out and cannot wait to give it to her. This may be the very first handmade quilt she'll receive. I'm not 100% certain on what design to use for the quilting. I am debating going with a large, broad fern design.

I have two more quilts to make for Christmas. One easy one (for my 6-year old nephew), and a quilt for my third sister-in-law.
    Attached Files
    Thank you for stopping by, Chokoboysmom
  • CraftySweetPeas
    The Guild President
    • Dec 2015

Re: Another finished quilt top - Side Step (pattern by Cozy Quilt Designs)

This is so pretty and your SIL will love this! I think your mix of blues with the greens is perfect!
    Barbara
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/CraftySweetPeas

Comment

• Bubby
      Missouri Star
      • Jun 2011

That turned out so nice. I agree that the greens needed some blues to set them off. A fern design sounds real good for the quilting.
      sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

• Midge
        Missouri Star
        • Mar 2014

Not sure what I like more- your gorgeous quilt top or your photo bombing doggie! This turned out fabulous and I can't imagine a better fabric for the border. Your idea of ferns as a quilting motif would be wonderful with the greens.

Comment

• dwil23
          Missouri Star
          • May 2012

Very pretty - I see the inspector approves!
          Donna

Comment

• seaturtle
            Missouri Star
            • Jul 2015

Lovely quilt and I love the inspector! I'm sure you SIL will love it. I will have to check out that pattern. I think ferns would look great for the quilting.
            Cindy

Comment

• Grandma G
              Missouri Star
              • Feb 2013

That looks terrific. I really like that color palette. And, I love the mascot! Make me miss my Maggie Mae and Mikie. They were gold and white Shih Tzus.

I know your sister-in-law will love the quilt. Thanks for the heads up on the pattern and YouTube video. Looks like something I would love to try.
              Gerri

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

Comment

• Cool Breeze Quilter
                The Guild President
                • Sep 2015

Your sister in law is going to love this quilt. I love blue and green together.

Your dog is soooooo adorable!!

Comment

• grammaterry
                  Missouri Star
                  • Dec 2015

Verry very pretty. You did a fantastic job on color selection and piecing skill. Can't wait to see it with the ferns.
                  success is walking from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiam
                  Terry of NC

Comment

• rebeccas-sewing
                    Missouri Star
                    • Apr 2010

What a fun pattern! I need to remember this gal's designs when I'm in the mood to make a strip quilt. Yours is lovely. I think adding the blues was a good choice. Makes for a more interesting looking quilt.
                    Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

Comment

• sewbizzy
                      Missouri Star
                      • Feb 2012

Very pretty quilt...love the design and will check it out...maybe another for my to-do list...your SIS is sure to love it!
                      Carol

Sewing Mends The Soul ~ Author Unknown

Comment

• mcs80013
                        The Guild President
                        • May 2014

Love this - will have to check out that pattern

Comment

• jjkaiser
                          Missouri Star
                          • Oct 2013

It is so pretty, your fabric choices are perfect for this pattern. Wow good for you getting such an early start on Christmas presents. At this rate Christmas could be in July this year and you would be all set!!
                          Jocelyn
                          South Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Comment

• sew-what2015
                            The Guild President
                            • Jul 2015

Great quilt. I have bookmarked this post for future reference.
                            Thanks for sharing.

Comment

• Squeaky
                              Applique Angel
                              • Aug 2012

Beautiful quilt! I recently found the Cozy Quilt channel on You Tube and have been watching all of the Strip Club presentations. They are fabulous and just make me want to go sew something with all of the jelly rolls I've been holding onto.

Comment

Working...
                              X