Dutch Doll Quilt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dutch Doll Quilt

Hi everyone, I hope you all are safe and ready to begin your day.
    I will share my Dutch Doll quilt with you and hope you like it. I have made 3, all different. I just did the "stitch in a ditch" method, no quilting at all. I don't see much of the dutch dolls anymore. Have you made one yet? Good way to use up some scraps. Enjoy.

Dutch Doll Quilt 02.jpg
    sigpicLinda :icon_wave:

Re: Dutch Doll Quilt

Super cute, love they are all different! I call them Sunbonnet Sue, don't know the boys name.

Comment

Originally posted by laura44 View Post
      Super cute, love they are all different! I call them Sunbonnet Sue, don't know the boys name.
      Overall Sam is the boy's name. Really cute !!
      Dolores :lol::icon_heh:

Comment

I have a pattern to make a Sun Bonnet Sue Quilt that I found in a Quilting Magazine that someone gave to me. I am going to start making a queen sized Sun Bonnet Sue quilt. I have a antique Sun Bonnet Sue Quilt top that my DH's grandma made many,many years ago, but it's really frail, and I think I am going to use some of Grandma's Sun Bonnet Sue to make pillows or pillowcases. I am even afraid to wash this vintage quilt. If anyone has any suggestions on what I might do with Grandma's quilt ( other than make pillow (shams ) , I would appreciate it.

BTW...the pattern I have is only for Sun Bonnet Sue. I should probably look for a pattern for Overal Sam too.
        Last edited by redcaboose1717; April 28th, 2016, 09:31 AM.
        Jacqueline ( Sugar ) Dorer-Russell
        http:\\www.sugarssmilinpapercrafts.BlogSpot.com

"I miss the me I was when you were here"

Comment

I went out online and found ( on www.ravelry.com ) a crochet pattern to make a blanket from a pattern for Overall Sam.

Take a look !

Ravelry: Overall Sam pattern by Annie Potter

Click on the book ( on the left ) and the image gets bigger !
          Jacqueline ( Sugar ) Dorer-Russell
          http:\\www.sugarssmilinpapercrafts.BlogSpot.com

"I miss the me I was when you were here"

Comment

Overall Sam and Sunbonnet Sue couldn't be cuter on a quilt. Love it! I made a few baby quilts with these blocks many years ago.
            sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Originally posted by redcaboose1717 View Post
              I have a pattern to make a Sun Bonnet Sue Quilt that I found in a Quilting Magazine that someone gave to me. I am going to start making a queen sized Sun Bonnet Sue quilt. I have a antique Sun Bonnet Sue Quilt top that my DH's grandma made many,many years ago, but it's really frail, and I think I am going to use some of Grandma's Sun Bonnet Sue to make pillows or pillowcases. I am even afraid to wash this vintage quilt. If anyone has any suggestions on what I might do with Grandma's quilt ( other than make pillow (shams ) , I would appreciate it.

BTW...the pattern I have is only for Sun Bonnet Sue. I should probably look for a pattern for Overal Sam too.
              I bought the Sunbonnet Sue/Suspender Sam book at Joann's some time ago, but last week I noticed they still have it if you want to buy it better hurry. It's by Eleanor Burns.

Comment

One of the very first quilts I made was a Sun Bonnet Sue.
                Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

Comment

Originally posted by redcaboose1717 View Post
                  I went out online and found ( on www.ravelry.com ) a crochet pattern to make a blanket from a pattern for Overall Sam.

Take a look !

Ravelry: Overall Sam pattern by Annie Potter

Click on the book ( on the left ) and the image gets bigger !
                  Sugar, this book I have calls him Suspender Sam, isn't that cute? All the same little guy I'm sure

Comment

Sue and Sam are built in Redwork embroidery designs on my Janome 15000 machine, I love them!

image.jpg

Comment

Oh yes I have made Sunbonnet Sue and Overall Sam. Loved making it.008.jpg002 (4).jpg
                      I used an eyelet dust ruffle for the backing and it added an attached ruffle, also used a flannel sheet for the batting as this is my summer quilt.
                      sigpic:icon_hug: Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
                      Time spent with cats is never wasted.
                      Sigmund Freud

Comment

I have embroidery designs with those cute kids in them. They look terrific on your quilt!
                        Cindy

Comment

Originally posted by Jean Sewing Machine View Post
                          Sue and Sam are built in Redwork embroidery designs on my Janome 15000 machine, I love them!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]129799[/ATTACH]
                          What a clever idea, thank you. I love redwork!

Comment

Originally posted by Iris Girl View Post
                            Oh yes I have made Sunbonnet Sue and Overall Sam. Loved making it.[ATTACH=CONFIG]129800[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]129801[/ATTACH]
                            I used an eyelet dust ruffle for the backing and it added an attached ruffle, also used a flannel sheet for the batting as this is my summer quilt.
                            Adorable!! Thanks for sharing, gives me more ideas.

Comment

Beautifully done. LOve it

Comment

Working...
                              X