Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dutch Doll Quilt

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Dutch Doll Quilt

    Hi everyone, I hope you all are safe and ready to begin your day.
    I will share my Dutch Doll quilt with you and hope you like it. I have made 3, all different. I just did the "stitch in a ditch" method, no quilting at all. I don't see much of the dutch dolls anymore. Have you made one yet? Good way to use up some scraps. Enjoy.

    Dutch Doll Quilt 02.jpg
    sigpicLinda :icon_wave:

    #2
    Re: Dutch Doll Quilt

    Super cute, love they are all different! I call them Sunbonnet Sue, don't know the boys name.

    Comment


      #3
      Re: Dutch Doll Quilt

      Originally posted by laura44 View Post
      Super cute, love they are all different! I call them Sunbonnet Sue, don't know the boys name.
      Overall Sam is the boy's name. Really cute !!
      Dolores :lol::icon_heh:

      Comment


        #4
        Re: Dutch Doll Quilt

        I have a pattern to make a Sun Bonnet Sue Quilt that I found in a Quilting Magazine that someone gave to me. I am going to start making a queen sized Sun Bonnet Sue quilt. I have a antique Sun Bonnet Sue Quilt top that my DH's grandma made many,many years ago, but it's really frail, and I think I am going to use some of Grandma's Sun Bonnet Sue to make pillows or pillowcases. I am even afraid to wash this vintage quilt. If anyone has any suggestions on what I might do with Grandma's quilt ( other than make pillow (shams ) , I would appreciate it.

        BTW...the pattern I have is only for Sun Bonnet Sue. I should probably look for a pattern for Overal Sam too.
        Last edited by redcaboose1717; April 28th, 2016, 09:31 AM.
        Jacqueline ( Sugar ) Dorer-Russell
        http:\\www.sugarssmilinpapercrafts.BlogSpot.com

        "I miss the me I was when you were here"

        Comment


          #5
          Re: Dutch Doll Quilt

          I went out online and found ( on www.ravelry.com ) a crochet pattern to make a blanket from a pattern for Overall Sam.

          Take a look !

          Ravelry: Overall Sam pattern by Annie Potter

          Click on the book ( on the left ) and the image gets bigger !
          Jacqueline ( Sugar ) Dorer-Russell
          http:\\www.sugarssmilinpapercrafts.BlogSpot.com

          "I miss the me I was when you were here"

          Comment


            #6
            Re: Dutch Doll Quilt

            Overall Sam and Sunbonnet Sue couldn't be cuter on a quilt. Love it! I made a few baby quilts with these blocks many years ago.
            sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com


            Scottie Mom Barb

            Comment


              #7
              Re: Dutch Doll Quilt

              Originally posted by redcaboose1717 View Post
              I have a pattern to make a Sun Bonnet Sue Quilt that I found in a Quilting Magazine that someone gave to me. I am going to start making a queen sized Sun Bonnet Sue quilt. I have a antique Sun Bonnet Sue Quilt top that my DH's grandma made many,many years ago, but it's really frail, and I think I am going to use some of Grandma's Sun Bonnet Sue to make pillows or pillowcases. I am even afraid to wash this vintage quilt. If anyone has any suggestions on what I might do with Grandma's quilt ( other than make pillow (shams ) , I would appreciate it.

              BTW...the pattern I have is only for Sun Bonnet Sue. I should probably look for a pattern for Overal Sam too.
              I bought the Sunbonnet Sue/Suspender Sam book at Joann's some time ago, but last week I noticed they still have it if you want to buy it better hurry. It's by Eleanor Burns.
              sigpicLinda :icon_wave:

              Comment


                #8
                Re: Dutch Doll Quilt

                One of the very first quilts I made was a Sun Bonnet Sue.
                Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Re: Dutch Doll Quilt

                  Originally posted by redcaboose1717 View Post
                  I went out online and found ( on www.ravelry.com ) a crochet pattern to make a blanket from a pattern for Overall Sam.

                  Take a look !

                  Ravelry: Overall Sam pattern by Annie Potter

                  Click on the book ( on the left ) and the image gets bigger !
                  Sugar, this book I have calls him Suspender Sam, isn't that cute? All the same little guy I'm sure
                  sigpicLinda :icon_wave:

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Re: Dutch Doll Quilt

                    Sue and Sam are built in Redwork embroidery designs on my Janome 15000 machine, I love them!

                    image.jpg

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Re: Dutch Doll Quilt

                      Oh yes I have made Sunbonnet Sue and Overall Sam. Loved making it.008.jpg002 (4).jpg
                      I used an eyelet dust ruffle for the backing and it added an attached ruffle, also used a flannel sheet for the batting as this is my summer quilt.
                      sigpic:icon_hug: Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
                      Time spent with cats is never wasted.
                      Sigmund Freud

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Re: Dutch Doll Quilt

                        I have embroidery designs with those cute kids in them. They look terrific on your quilt!
                        Cindy

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Re: Dutch Doll Quilt

                          Originally posted by Jean Sewing Machine View Post
                          Sue and Sam are built in Redwork embroidery designs on my Janome 15000 machine, I love them!

                          [ATTACH=CONFIG]129799[/ATTACH]
                          What a clever idea, thank you. I love redwork!
                          sigpicLinda :icon_wave:

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Re: Dutch Doll Quilt

                            Originally posted by Iris Girl View Post
                            Oh yes I have made Sunbonnet Sue and Overall Sam. Loved making it.[ATTACH=CONFIG]129800[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]129801[/ATTACH]
                            I used an eyelet dust ruffle for the backing and it added an attached ruffle, also used a flannel sheet for the batting as this is my summer quilt.
                            Adorable!! Thanks for sharing, gives me more ideas.
                            sigpicLinda :icon_wave:

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Re: Dutch Doll Quilt

                              Beautifully done. LOve it

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X