Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A tablerunner made on the spur of the moment.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A tablerunner made on the spur of the moment.

At 10.30pm on Monday evening, I decided I wanted to stitch something. So off I went, rummaging in my tubs of fabric. I came up with an odd combination, small scraps of red, larger buttermilk yellow squares and muddy strips.
    I'd been playing with a graph paper and made up a pattern and thought to make a table runner on point. I've no idea if this is an established pattern, but I was happy to muddle my way through it.

Well, by 12.30pm it was time for bed, but I had cut the fabric, stitched and pressed and completed the top. I had rummaged and selected some vintage yellow fabric which was enough for the backing. Last night I scrounged and found enough scrap batting to do the task, and stitched it together and turned it around. This morning, I took a quick couple of snaps in daylight, as photos under the ceiling lights are not colour friendly.

This evening, I've trimmed the seams more finely and turned, pressed and topstitched. Now I'm looking at how to quilt this. I'm thinking of straight lines, stitching in the ditch and continuing across the yellow squares, making a nice simple grid pattern. Whether to use straight stitch or a wavy line is the next decision.

This table runner is intended to be the first prize in a sweep I'm planning to run at work to guess the birthdate and sex of my boss's baby. With a gold coin donation, which will go towards purchasing the contents of a baby hamper, I'm hoping that people will be happy to win this.
    I think I'm getting the hang of this patchwork and quilting bizzo. (grin)
    Attached Files

Re: A tablerunner made on the spur of the moment.

wow, thats lovely work, perfect points....the picture does not possibly make it full justice, bckd looks dark but the popup pieces are gorgeous...a slight wavy stitching would look real good since the pattern is so linear.I would buy lots of tickets to win this...
    Sew sew sew.
    So? So? So?

Comment

Re: A tablerunner made on the spur of the moment.

Turned out great, I'm sure the winner will love it.

Comment

Working...
      X