"Declaration Quilt" (Picture heavy)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Declaration Quilt" (Picture heavy)

One of my best friend's daughter has struggled with medical conditions for her entire life, which has only been a brief 16 years. This past year she had major major surgery, which resulted in an infection, and many many unplanned hospital stays. In February, I had made my daughter the quatrefoil quilt, and had tons of hst's from the project.

As I was praying for the daughter one day, the word "Brave" came to my mind, with a verse. I continued praying, and a picture of a heart from hst's came to my mind, with the word Brave inside of it. I grabbed the hst's from my daughter's project, and got to work figuring out a pattern. Originally I thought it'd just be a small picture, or pillow, for her room. I then kept seeing more and more words as I continued to pray. I had played around with a hunter's star a few weeks earlier, and thought they'd look cute with the hearts. I then drew up a diagram, added sashing to the heart square to make them the same size as the star. It worked perfectly as I wanted a verse reference for each word.

I hand stitched the words, verses, and then used big line quilting to hold it all together. I still need to sew the binding on to the back.

This quilt was totally inspired by God. I pray that she loves it as much as I hope she will!

TQUilt2.jpg favored.jpg known.jpg strong.jpg back.jpg
    Attached Files

Re: "Declaration Quilt" (Picture heavy)

By the way... this is the project I had to take the border off of, and redo, that I recently wrote about on the General Discussion board.

Comment

I love the scalloped edge, that looks fantastic!

Comment

It is a beautiful quilt.

Jeannette

Comment

This is such a beautiful quilt. It's going to be treasured for many years. I love it! Beautiful work!
          sigpic~~Libby~~

Quilters make great comforters.

Friendship is sewn with love and measured by kindness.

Comment

What a lovely and inspirational quilt. I know your friend will treasure it as much as her daughter. Your quilting is fantastic, and how you got all those words to fit each perfectly on that itty bitty strip on each heart is downright amazing. You should be so proud!!

Comment

What a beautiful gift and so thoughtful. She will be blessed by it for sure!
              I am Sew Blessed!
              Alina

Comment

What an awesome quilt! Don't you love it when God takes over! What a treasure!

Comment

Your quilt looks like it was made out of love.
                  http://www.flickr.com/photos/quiltsbytrish
                  http://quiltdreaming.blogspot.com
                  http://pinterest.com/TrishLapp

What if you woke up today and the only things you had were the things you thanked God for yesterday? :icon_hug:quilting trish

Comment

Awesome quilt...I love everything about it...what a wonderful gift!
                    Carol

Sewing Mends The Soul ~ Author Unknown

Comment

A quilt of love. Is there anything more beautiful? No. Your prayers are quilted in it. Beautiful! Many Blessings to the recipient and prayers of healing being said for her.

Comment

What a wonderful gift of love. Your love will be felt every time she wraps up in it.
                        Katrina
                        “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

What a beautiful idea that turned into a beautiful quilt which will be much love and comfort to your friend's daughter.

Comment

I love your inspiration and how the quilt turned out....it will be such a blessing.
                            sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

This is a beautiful quilt with so many encouraging words. I'm sure it is going to give her much comfort.

Comment

Working...
                              X