The most relaxing quilt ever?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The most relaxing quilt ever?

Thanks for posting this tutorial - great, simple idea! And I love your quilt, it's like evening sunshine - very calming.
    Slainte!

Liz

:icon_pcnoob:

Comment

Just saw this YouTube video the other day and started cutting my scraps. Don't have a large section of colors; yet. Planning to make this quilt this year.

Your quilt is beautiful. How large did you make it?
      sigpic
      Keep Calm and Quilt On!
      Wishing all a happy and healthy 2016.
      Paula

Comment

Ooooh! how pretty! Your mum is going to love it! Thank you for sharing the link too. I think I might be developing an addiction to scrappy quilts. It would be easy to do this quilt as a leader/ender project.
        If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.- Zig Ziglar

Comment

Thanks for the link love your quilt, love new ways to use scraps

Comment

Originally posted by Wwena View Post
            I've had a brain working in overdrive for a while (work) and decided to pause my 365 block challenge and make something simple yet satisfying. This turned out to be my inspiration:
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEROi6myQ9s

I loooooove the process of making these! From the scrap selecting, cutting (really grateful for my strip ruler!) to the sewing and assembling. I admit I've yet to learn to love the quilting but I'm closer. This is the second scrap quilt in this "pattern" and it's for my mum, who (secretly) loves pink and yellow together. The first one was for my dad and I was in such a hurry giving it to him in time for him to go to the hospital for surgery I forgot to take a picture! I made that one in greens and blues and he loved it. In the end he decided to not bring it to the hospital for fear it would be stolen lol. Anyway, this is my mum's quilt:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]127239[/ATTACH]

I've cut up a whole bunch of scraps to make several more quilts, in a mix of colours. No idea who they will be for, I'm sure I will think of someone! They are all packed away atm since yesterday was my son's birhtday and today the family is coming over to celebrate and my sewing room is transformed back to a dining room for the occation.
            I love that quilt. I just finished piecing one with all the scraps I cut up from past quilts. I bordered it in black. Love your borders and the extra row of scraps around it. It is the first scrap quilt I really wanted to make. I cut up so much fabric that I have enough for two more quilts! Very easy and very fast after the cutting is done. Haven't color coordinated one and it was very hard to sew the ones you grab unseen. Very hard, but I did it.

Reminds me of a quilt my great grand mother made from scraps of our old clothing.

Comment

I love it. Your mom will also and treasure it forever. I can't wait to get back to quilting again, now that DD's wedding is done. Today is the day to run errands and then back to the sewing room. Thanks for sharing the video

Comment

Thanks so much for the kind comments and likes!

Originally posted by YellowCockatiel View Post
                Just saw this YouTube video the other day and started cutting my scraps. Don't have a large section of colors; yet. Planning to make this quilt this year.

Your quilt is beautiful. How large did you make it?
                Lap sized so far. I made the one for my dad 8 blocks wide (same length) and each block is 6" (when sewn together) and the a 4-5" border ( I can't recall) sooo 55ish wide (and long). Mum's quilt is only 7 blocks wide and while it has double borders I think it turned out slightly smaller than dad's. I will make the next one slightly bigger, I think.
                ~ Anna ~

My Pinterest

Comment

I was going to cut a couple of layer cakes down to 8''. Now I won't feel so wasteful!
                  🌺 Lorie

Comment

This is great!! Thank you for the link, I have so many scrapes and look for different ways to use them. Now to just settle for which pattern but this looks like a good one to move forward on!!
                    ~~Sewin' Love w/ Quilting~~Lucy~~

Comment

great quilt so bright and cheery.. good job

Comment

Beautiful quilt, love the colors so warm and comforting. Looks like another quilt to put o my list, but I do have a lot of strips already cut in a big bag. Thank for the video.

Comment

I have this one saved in my uTube file... I love it...

Sandy from Cincinnati

AKA Kermit

Comment

Pretty quilt!! Thanks for sharing the video link.
                            sigpicAnita G.

Comment

Working...
                            X