A Bit of Everything QOV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Bit of Everything QOV

I love doing the QOV quilts but I also love to scrap quilt and very seldom follow patterns. I recently bought one but I have not opened the box yet. To be honest it scares me to death. So I have been working on cleaning out my stash. While doing this I found 2 gold, and blue blocks (position 2 and 12) that I grabbed out of the QOV bins probably 8 months ago . And 4 red, blue and white blocks ( center 4) I got from the same location at least 6 months ago. I decided the red, white and blue would be the center, made red white and blue blocks for the corners, and then sewed up the remaining in blues and golds. I found the perfect borders and put it all together. Hope you like it.

A littleMix up.jpg

A Little mixup 2.jpg
    Last edited by ediane; February 22nd, 2016, 07:41 PM.
    sigpic my goal is to be as good a person as my dogs already think I am

Re: A Bit of Everything QOV

It's wonderful. It is an inspiration for me to venture out a little making my quilts for Wounded Warriors. Thank you for your work.

Comment

How lovely. You are so talented to be able to combine these blocks together to make such a gorgeous quilt.
      Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Comment

Wonderful quilt... perfect for the Veterans..
        "Each day well-lived and Happy;
        that's all there is to Life!"

Comment

What a beautiful quilt! I'm sure the recipient will cherish this .
          :icon_wave:Joan

Comment

What a treasure! Love all the different blocks.

Comment

love it and I love the scrappiness of all the blocks, just curious is the blue block on the end of the second row turned wrong or did you plan it that way.

Comment

I caught it but did not have fabric to change it so I left it. My goal was to make each block different so I thought what the heck.

Comment

I don't know the term QOV but I love the quilt

Comment

grammaterry,

QOV stands for Quilt of Valor. usually given to those that have served in the military, or those that are serving. I have made several, and they ALL love them very much. I am currently working on one to give to one of our Volunteer Firefighters that was badly injured rescuing a child from a very bad auto wreck. He will be out of work for several weeks, but has survived and will return to duty when he can.

ediane,

I think your QOV is beautiful. I am sure that the person you give it to will fall in love with it and cherish it forever. GOOD JOB ! ! !

Dave

Comment

Thank you for telling me about QoV's. I guess I should have been able to figure it out...but....alas my mind isn't working like it used to

Comment

Wonderful quilt!! Thank you for honoring the troops.
                        sigpicAnita G.

Comment

I was with you and thought this looked a little off Linda Mac. It was a case where I trimmed it and then could not just turn one side around. After your question I thought about it and removed the block. And then did the following . Do you like this better. I know I do. A fixed mix.jpg

Comment

Grammaterry I should have spelled it out but I am just used to saying QOV.

Comment

Working...
                            X