X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• amartin24
    replied
    Re: Clamshells

I just picked up a sign for my quilting room - "Only God is perfect, our quilts don't have to be"
    God Bless you on your spinal fusion recovery. I've had two back surgeries myself. If it herniates one more time, I'll be having spinal fusion.
    I think your clamshell quilt is beautiful. My Mom always said, "Blind man be glad to see it".

Leave a comment:

• TracyD
    replied

That is gorgeous! I can't see your quilting. Remember, we are our worst critic.

Leave a comment:

• kimsophia
    replied

Originally posted by BethB View Post
    Your quilt is beautiful. I do the same thing, but even worse, I point out the mistakes to others.
    I have an acquaintance who grew up in a really judgmental family. Basically she had mean parents. But she internalized it. When I showed her a lovely afghan my cousin had crocheted the first thing she said was, "There's a mistake". I had never noticed it, myself. Later she would keep asking to see the quilt I was sewing. No way was I going to show her! I told her that I don't show my quilts. Which is true, so far. But I would show certain people in my family.

Leave a comment:

• Lilly
    replied

This is so beautiful and puffy and cozy looking! Give me this quilt with a good book and cup of hot cocoa any day!

Leave a comment:

• BethB
    replied

Your quilt is beautiful. I do the same thing, but even worse, I point out the mistakes to others.

Leave a comment:

• mcs80013
    replied

Beautiful - I don't see anything wrong with this - We are always hardest on ourselves.

Leave a comment:

• Cat n bull
    replied

Oh wow how beautiful!!

Leave a comment:

• Midge
    replied

Your clamshell quilt is beautiful! I think it looks terrific, but I can't see from your photo what you mean about your quilting ruining it. It looks fine, so it meets that galloping horse standard! I understand what you are saying though. I'm not happy with my quilting either. I'm taking steps to learn more, but FMQ is slow going for me. Stick with it!

BTW so sorry to hear you needed a spinal fusion, and I sure hope you are happy with your surgical outcome.

Leave a comment:

• bhaggerty
    replied

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE YOUR CLAMSHELL!!!

I think it looks fab!
    I have some quilt tops that I am saving for when I am a better quilter as well.
    But do not despair, and leave that quilting there! It looks awesome to me!

Leave a comment:

• gshannon1008
    replied

Beautiful work! It is warm and bright. Give yourself a break you did a great job with a very hard pattern.

Leave a comment:

• sew-what2015
    replied

I like your quilt.

Leave a comment:

• Auntie Uli
    replied

I love your quilt and I understand your feelings. There is a quilt on my sofa and I really thought about ripping the quilting out and do it better. But that's crazy, that was the best I could do at this point and that's ok. Don't be too hard to yourself, I am sure the quilting is lovely! Did you use the quick curve ruler for this pattern? I will join a class in two weeks, we will learn the clam shell pattern there, sewing curves is really a challenge for me ! Your curves are looking perfect

Leave a comment:

• kimsophia
    replied

Originally posted by sewmuch2learn View Post
    Yes Denise, I often look at older quilts and wish I could rip out the quilting and redo it. But I will make a more concerted effort to give myself a break. Thanks for the pep talk!
    Oh, with a good seam ripper and some meth you could! ;-)

Leave a comment:

• stationarymom
    replied

Your quilt is beautiful! Is it hard to sew the clamshell pattern?

Leave a comment:

• grammaterry
    replied

How could you possibly think you ruined it. It is absolutely beautiful. Congratulations on the finish and keep on sewing.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X