Some more quilting projects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some more quilting projects

Hi All. Now that I've figured out how to post pics, I thought I'd share a few more.

The family quilt I made for my mom. It was the first quilt I did, since starting what I call my "quilting journey". I printed out onto computer fabric, all the photos I had of my mom as a girl. Then made individual blocks with each of the names of her siblings & half-siblings; as well as her parents and step-mother. My mom comes from a large family, as you can see. I gave it to her last year for her birthday.

The pink quilt was a baby quilt I made for a friend. Made a tooth fairy pillow to match, out of the leftover fabric. For those that don't know, a tooth fairy pillow has a little pocket sewn on the back to hold a child's lost tooth; and eventually the money from the "tooth fairy". It was fun to make.

The scrappy one I made for my husband. I used Thangles for it, which made making the blocks fairly easy, tho it was a pain getting all the corner points to line up perfectly. After awhile, I stopped being such a perfectionist. It took a lot of scraps; unfortunately, I was so new to quilting, I had to go buy my scraps!
    Attached Files

Re: Some more quilting projects

OMG I love that family photo quilt....I wonder if you can copy onto that computer fabric too....I'll have to try it...

and your other quilts are lovely too!! how big are the HSTs on the colorful quilt?
    Michele

Comment

Wow...those are wonderful quilts! The one for your husband must have took some time, love the bright colors. Your Mom's is a lasting treasure for sure. Love the fabric on the baby one! You really did a great job!
      patticakes
      Patti
      "Like" me on Facebook @ Sweet Cherry Quilting to help spread the love of all things crafty and quilted!

Comment

Wow, more wonderful quilts. I love the tooth fairy pillow. I had heard of them, but I never had seen one before. What a clever idea. I may have to try making one of them. I really like the photo quilt. I have wanted to try one for sometime, but haven't gotten the nerve up to do it yet. Thanks again for sharing with us.
        sigpic www.seejaysnotes.blogspot.com

Comment

The half squares on the scrappy were finished blocks of 3 inches; four blocks of 3 inch blocks made a finished block of 6 inches. I think I counted up there were something like 1300+ triangles in the quilt.
          The Thangles made it so much easier to piece all those triangles together tho....so it really did go quick.

The family quilt I made for my mom....I used computer fabric, and my inkjet printer. The only bad thing about that is that you can't wash the quilt in a washing machine....you'd have to dry clean it. But then again, you probably would want to dry clean it anyway. Glad you liked them. I've had a lot of fun on my
          "quilting journey"

Comment

I'm in awe....complete awe, I tell ya!!

(I'm wishing pokeyrella22 is secretly planning on surprising me with a family quilt some day! lol)
            ~Mary
            As ye sew, so shall ye rip.

Comment

WOW....
              I LOVE all those quilts ...but the family quilt is really BEAUTIFUL.....
              bopeep
              sigpic

Comment

Love the quilts...They look so good....

( Mrswindy4 has been quilting longer than me, so I think she should make the family quilt !! )

Comment

Working...
                X