Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Neonatal Quilts

Alana,

You big heart is showing what a kindness you are doing for these babies you will be blessed.
    Bernice :icon_wave:

Comment

Very pretty. What a wonderful thing you are doing! You Go Girl!

Comment

Such cute quilts! Adorable!
        Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap, but by the seeds you plant.-Robert Louis Stevenson

Comment

Alana....What absolutey adorable quilts!!! You put a lot of hand quilting in them. Love everything about them and so will the babies!!!
          sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

AWESOME!!!!
            sigpicDream, Explore, Experience!

Comment

They are precious

My hubby says that he truly believes that I am in the Cult of Jenny! I say - Do Not Rescue Me!

Comment

They are gorgeous, such a lovely gift for the precious little ones. x

Comment

Originally posted by HandsOffItsMine View Post
                  Alana, just lovely. Is this a hospital you deal with directly?

I know Quilt for Kids doesn't allow anything to be hand down on their quilts not even tied. I would love to do some small hand quilting jobs.
                  I was worried about not hand quilting and called the guild to find out. It is perfectly acceptable as long as there are no large loops that could snag tiny fingers. Also the monopoly filament thread is not allowed but that was just logical to me anyway. I feel better now. I suppose there are some that will not allow it though. I just never have run into that yet....Thanks for the heads up.
                  Alana
                  To live a creative life we must lose our fear of being wrong.
                  alanashideaway.blogspot.com
                  https://www.facebook.com/quiltsbyAlana

Comment

Originally posted by Alana View Post
                    I was worried about not hand quilting and called the guild to find out. It is perfectly acceptable as long as there are no large loops that could snag tiny fingers. Also the monopoly filament thread is not allowed but that was just logical to me anyway. I feel better now. I suppose there are some that will not allow it though. I just never have run into that yet....Thanks for the heads up.
                    Thanks so wonderful. I'm going to call the Tripler VA Hospital's Neonatal and see if they would accept them with hand quilting. Would love to do something for a local hospital. Thanks for the info Alana!
                    sigpic Visit my fabric shopping cart YardageALaCarte.com - PM me for a 25% Off your Total Purchase Code, just mention "The Forum" in your message. Huggers, Ruby

Comment

I would love to do something like this---probably after the holidays....don't want to commit to something if I'm not sure I'll be able to do it. I think I need to find a local chapter or start one...weird that the Portland, Or area is so huge that a chapter hasn't been started.
                      ~*Christina*~
                      :icon_wave:

Comment

Great work you have done Alana! I love it. The color combination is really beautiful and the style also gonna be great. Love it. Keep it up dear.
                        Find Premium Crib Sheets | Select Customize Baby Sheets

Comment

Ahh! bless, these are gorgeous and so thoughtful.

Comment

Working...
                          X