work in progress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

work in progress

This is one of the three things I'm currently working on. Loved this quilt when I saw it in my local quilt store. Originally it was shown in baby colors but I loved the idea of the batiks as it makes it gender neutral and for any age. I still have to put the face in.

The bottom white square will have three baby owls in it on a branch and the top white box will be a tree branch with leaves. The outer border will have tree branches and leaves in the diagonal corners. Can't wait to finish this and it's been so much fun putting it together.

Thanks for looking!
    Attached Files
    If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Re: work in progress

It is Lovely, and does look like so much fun! Love the colors also. Please share your finished project, would just love to see it.

Comment

So very cute! Some very lucky little one will love this!

Comment

This is adorable........ will be a grate little quilt.

....Bee
        The footprint's in the sand are not mine, but is that of the Lord's, who has been carrying me....

~~♡sigpic
        ~~~~Sewn By Bee

Comment

I love this. And I' m really loving the owls! So cute! Can't wait to see it all done!
          A day patched with quilting Seldom unravels Sharon

Comment

magnificent. You are really making a great quilt.

Comment

Is this a pattern or did you just go with your idea? I'd love to get the name if the pattern for this. I like your colours and that your using batik fabric.

Comment

Your finished quilt will be awesome. Looking forward to seeing it.
                If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.- Zig Ziglar

Comment

I love your little owl quilt!! It's going to be fantastic. I can see it would be loads of fun to make.
                  sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

I love this. It is very unique and will be loved by the lucky receiver. Great job.

Linda

Comment

Originally posted by FabStripper View Post
                      Is this a pattern or did you just go with your idea? I'd love to get the name if the pattern for this. I like your colours and that your using batik fabric.
                      Name of the pattern is Hoots Hollow by Ribbon Candy Quilt Company.

Comment

Love this - both the pattern and the fabrics!

I do have a question, however: Is it customary to do the applique after you have pieced the rest of the top together? Or will your applique go over from the white into the little squares? I so enjoy photos of applique on quilts, and can't wait to see your finished product!

Comment

[QUOTE=SallyO'Sews;841779]Love this - both the pattern and the fabrics!

I do have a question, however: Is it customary to do the applique after you have pieced the rest of the top together? Or will your applique go over from the white into the little squares? I so enjoy photos of applique on quilts, and can't wait to see your finished product![/

I planned to do this quilt top this at our girl's quilt weekend but forgot the fusible at-home for the applique so I just pieced the top there to be productive. The applique is contained within the white section so I figured I could add it when I got home.

Comment

Love, love, love the colours! It's going to be so cute.
                            ~ Anna ~

My Pinterest

Comment

Working...
                            X