My quilts!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My quilts!

I am finally brave enough to let you see what I have been working on. I started quilting in 1976 but stopped along time ago. In December 2009 I decided that I needed a hobby to help me handle the some personal stress I was under and here are the products of my newly discovered "old love"!
    Hope that I did this right and they show up...it is my first time! (photo posting virgin).
    First one is "Kaylee's Quilt" made for my 4 year grand daughter, the second one is "Michelle's College Quilt",a bow tie quilt made for my daughter, which I started when she was a freshman in college YEARS ago. The last is called my "Snippets Quilt" that I just finished yesterday.
    They are all hand quilted and although I used to think my stitches had to be small and perfect, I have decided that now I quilt for fun only and that my stitches are perfect however they turn out!
    Thank you for looking!
    patti
    Attached Files
    Patti
    "Like" me on Facebook @ Sweet Cherry Quilting to help spread the love of all things crafty and quilted!

Re: My quilts!

Patti, your quilts are wonderful! I'm sure your family loves them.

Comment

Those are beautiful! I gasped when I saw the circle one! So pretty! And I love how you color grouped your snippets blocks!

Great job patticakes!
      To stitch or not to stitch... There is no question.

Comment

They are all absolutely beautiful and you must have the patience of a saint to hand quilt them all. I love the quilting on Kaylee's quilt, it really makes the circles leap out at you.
        Quilting through the dull times
        northstarquilting.blogspot.com

Comment

absolutely beautiful!

Comment

AWESOME!! Theya re very beautiful and the snippits i bet was fun! Did you use a precut Turnover pack?
            Two of my favorite things, to encourage and to be encouraged
            hugs, Suzi
            http://suzi.mypremierdesigns.com/
            it's what i do when i'm not here sewing with you

GOD Bless America

Comment

Yes, it was a turnover pack and a daily deal! Found the daisy fabric at Joanne's and thought the greens went well together.
              When I got the sashing on I knew it was too small and needed something else so I sewed more turnovers to make a straight border.
              My next quilt is the Downy Kids I recently received the package of goodies. I have not machine quilted in some time so I am alittle freaked by that part!
              Thanks to everyone for their comments, it really encourages me to get nice comments from the talented people on this board!
              Now I am off to go bowling but secretly wishing I could just stay home and quilt!
              patti
              Patti
              "Like" me on Facebook @ Sweet Cherry Quilting to help spread the love of all things crafty and quilted!

Comment

Originally posted by patticakes View Post
                I am finally brave enough to let you see what I have been working on. I started quilting in 1976 but stopped along time ago. In December 2009 I decided that I needed a hobby to help me handle the some personal stress I was under and here are the products of my newly discovered "old love"!
                Hope that I did this right and they show up...it is my first time! (photo posting virgin).
                First one is "Kaylee's Quilt" made for my 4 year grand daughter, the second one is "Michelle's College Quilt",a bow tie quilt made for my daughter, which I started when she was a freshman in college YEARS ago. The last is called my "Snippets Quilt" that I just finished yesterday.
                They are all hand quilted and although I used to think my stitches had to be small and perfect, I have decided that now I quilt for fun only and that my stitches are perfect however they turn out!
                Thank you for looking!
                patti
                they are all wonderful...

Comment

i love it!! Have to watch for those to daily deal again! or maybe the California Dreaming!! Does that come in a turnover pack?
                  Two of my favorite things, to encourage and to be encouraged
                  hugs, Suzi
                  http://suzi.mypremierdesigns.com/
                  it's what i do when i'm not here sewing with you

GOD Bless America

Comment

Patticakes, You did a great job...I am new to quilting, and I hope I can do as good of a job some day...I will keep working at it !!!

Comment

Patti,

They are all BEAUTIFUL!!!! I love the circles one.....so bright and cheery. I too, do a lot of hand quilting, and find it so relaxing, and a great de-stresser.

Comment

great job!! I am taking a hand quilting class in April...so someday I hope to be as good a hand quilter as you
                        Michele

Comment

I love them all - they are all so beautiful. The circle one is absolutely gorgeous and hopefully someday I can get good enough, find the time and work up enough guts to give something like that a try.

Wonderful job - you are magnificent!

~ Sherry ~

Comment

They each have a unique quality all their own. I love them all. I am so in awe that you hand quilt them. That is so cool. I am glad you got brave. I love seeing them.
                            sigpic www.seejaysnotes.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
                            X