• hookedonfabric
    replied
    Re: More Attic Window wall hangings

Both are beautiful. On my list to make!

Leave a comment:

• judimccl
    replied

Fantastic job. I have one I want to do for my son with the deer panel - now to just get over the fear and get at it!

Leave a comment:

• Blue Pig Giggles
    replied

These two quilts are very pretty. Thanks for sharing. I ordered some chocoholic fabrics, and plan to make a chocolate box using the attic window pattern.
    Last edited by Blue Pig Giggles; March 16th, 2016, 07:23 PM. Reason: Mispelling

Leave a comment:

• Mdhorchem
    replied

Originally posted by Claire Hallman View Post
    Love those, really nice job.
    Now please spill the beans about the new discovery to make this style easier/faster.
    Sure!
    I only started sewing 2 years ago. Never had a lesson. I just googled Attic Window and thought " I could do that"
    So I would sew the side and bottom pieces together at a 45 •angle. Then cut them apart along the edge of the side piece which would leave my 45• triangle corner still attached to side strip. Then sew the bottom strip to the window. Then sew the side strip to the window and bottom strip

Now I cut my 2.5" strips for side and bottom. Then cut 12 ----2.5" squares out of material to match bottom strip and snowball the side strips with these squares. I chain piece them one after another. Has saved so much time !!
    Last edited by Mdhorchem; January 17th, 2016, 01:59 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Ferrettisc
    replied

Love them both!

Leave a comment:

• Claire Hallman
    replied

Love those, really nice job.
    Now please spill the beans about the new discovery to make this style easier/faster.

Leave a comment:

• Bubby
    replied

Both of your window quilts are beautiful. Birds are the perfect thing for this type quilt. I want to make a deer window quilt for my DH.

Leave a comment:

• Lori63
    replied

I like both of those! Very nice.

Leave a comment:

• BethB
    replied

Those are so pretty. I finally found the panel I wanted and hopefully, will be starting my own attic window soon.

Leave a comment:

• MomGram
    replied

They are both gorgeous.

Leave a comment:

• brook
    replied

They both look very pretty.The hardest thing I have with doing window panes is cutting the panels so that I'm not losing noses or heads. : P

Leave a comment:

• Mdhorchem
    started a topic More Attic Window wall hangings

More Attic Window wall hangings

Here are two new wall hangings ready to quilt. I found a new way to do them so they don't take nearly as long.
    The one with green and yellow took only about 3 & 1/2 hours this evening. They get easier with each new one I make.
    The green and yellow certainly were not my choice of colors. It is a custom order and the other people picked the colors but after I see it I don't think it turned out so bad. I still prefer the red and green though
    I'm going to make another one using blues. I think it will look good

Thanks for looking
    ( I still don't know why just recently this started placing the pictures sideways. I've been posting for a year and never had this issue until the last month)

image.jpg
    image.jpeg
Working...
X