Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First (but not last!) Orange Peel quilt top is done.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First (but not last!) Orange Peel quilt top is done.....

I have had this quilt on my bucket list for soooooo long. And I'm almost ashamed to say it took me less than 15 hours to get this far (blush, blush).

I'll put the backing on tonight and I'm going to use the wavy stitch (thanks, Preeti!) to stitch along the seam lines to quilt this.

I am making this for my neighbor who really needs a hug right now.

I am off to find the perfect backing for this....

IMG_0887.jpg
    Barbara
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/CraftySweetPeas

Re: First (but not last!) Orange Peel quilt top is done.....

Love it! Those colors are great.
    Beth

Procrastinate. It frees up time to quilt!

Comment

Beautiful! Those cheerful colors are sure to brighten your neighbor's day

Comment

Pretty Pretty.....it's. On my bucket list too.

....Bee
        The footprint's in the sand are not mine, but is that of the Lord's, who has been carrying me....

~~♡sigpic
        ~~~~Sewn By Bee

Comment

What a pretty, colorful "hug"! I'm sure it will mean a lot to your neighbor.
          Sheryl

Comment

That is so lovely! Now you have convinced me to make one!
            Nancy

Comment

Really pretty!
              🌺 Lorie

Comment

That is a beautiful quilt. So, it was fairly easy to do?

Comment

It's hard to believe something that pretty was actually easy. Not usually the case! You did a wonderful job and you are sure a good neighbor.

Comment

I purchased the materials for this quilt months ago after watching the video. It is still sitting in project box. Another thing to add for 2016.

Comment

Beautiful! It is sure to brighten her days.
                      http://www.flickr.com/photos/quiltsbytrish
                      http://quiltdreaming.blogspot.com
                      http://pinterest.com/TrishLapp

What if you woke up today and the only things you had were the things you thanked God for yesterday? :icon_hug:quilting trish

Comment

I just purchased fabric the other day from M* in Neutral colors (the charm pack was a daily deal and the orange peel was a recommended pattern for the fabric). So I purchased all the fabric I needed to make my niece this quilt as a wedding gift. Your post makes me breathe a little easier because as I was hitting "confirm order" I was hyperventilating a little thinking this was going to be very difficult. I really like your bright colors and you are very kind to make this for your neighbor.

Comment

Thank you all for the comments! This was SUCH an easy quilt to make.

I cut my fabric peels, and strips of fusible interfacing. I was able to fit 6 fabric peels on a strip of interfacing and sewed them.
                          IMG_0876 (Medium).jpg
                          I cut the fabric/interfacing peels and flipped them while watching TV.
                          IMG_0879 (Medium).jpg
                          I numbered the 13 peels, and carefully came up with my controlled scrappy look (not quickly, but carefully...ha ha ha!). I then made my top with 5" squares (Moda Marble Dots Natural) and pressed my peels to the top. What I meant to do was sew a row of blocks together, fuse my peels, and topstitch them one row at a time, but I got so caught up in fusing the peels to the top that I was almost done before I realized I was going to have a tough time sewing them all down. And I'll do my next quilt the same way as this one - I'd rather not worry about sewing through the tip of a peel. I topstitched the peels down to the top one row at a time, using one continuous path (finally figured out to do that on row 4...oh, well).
                          I am going to start another the minute I get this one done and delivered.....it was SUCH a fun quilt to make.
                          Barbara
                          http://www.etsy.com/shop/CraftySweetPeas

Comment

Barb this is so cheery and colourful. She will love this and you are a sweetheart to make this for her.

Comment

So bright and cheerful. It is sure to put a smile on her face.

Comment

Working...
                              X