8 Quilt Out The Door Yesterday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

8 Quilt Out The Door Yesterday

WOW has it been busy around here. Yesterday my niece picked up 4 quilts I had made for her. She and her husband bought a farmhouse that had been in the family for years. In one of the rooms there were 4 curtain panels made out of old blue jeans (lined). I turned those panels into lap quilts with flannel backing for her husband and his three brothers. They were so heavy I ended up tying them rather than trying to get them through my machine. I forgot to take pictures before she left so I have nothing to show.

Quilt #5 is a Chevron Quilt I'm donating to our Right to Life Breakfast. The lady that picked those up also picked up a dozen bibs I made for her handicapped daughter.

Quilt #6 went to my girlfriend for her son as a Christmas gift. I had a stash and this was the only one suited for a male.

Quilts 7 & 8 were picked up by the two girls I taught classes to. I ended up binding them because we were running out of time and I really wanted them out of my house. I thought the girls did a fantastic job for just learning to sew.

Last night I cleaned my sewing room because we are celebrating Christmas with our kids this Saturday. The kids gave us family pictures as our gift and Saturday was the only day the photographer could do it. We decided to just go ahead and exchange gifts and have a nice dinner while we are together. I still have lots of shopping and wrapping to do tomorrow but I'm not stressed about it. Once Saturday is over I will get back in and sew whatever I want since all the Christmas stuff is complete.

photo-11.jpg
    Quilt #5 - Chevron Quilt

0dcfd1b7dcccb440035ff6c1fb3e2db5.jpg
    Quilt #6 - Craig's Christmas Gift

78567db0-f73c-4223-852f-1d29db5041cb.jpg
    Quilt #7 - Shelby's Quilt for her Grandma

e3f409f8-0699-46eb-9ff1-df3877d0813c.jpg
    Quilt #8 - Holly's Quilt for Brent
    Robin
    My Pinterest Page of the Quilts I've Made: http://www.pinterest.com/rwmomto3/quilts-ive-made/

Re: 8 Quilt Out The Door Yesterday

Your quilts are lovely. There are so many talented and creative people on the forum. I would like to have seen the denim quilts. I have a ton of denim pieces ( can't throw anything away) and am always looking for ways to use them. Sounds like you are in for a lovely weekend. Have fun and enjoy your family.Kathy
    All quilts cat tested and approved.
    sigpic

Comment

Robin your quilts are great! You sure have been busy.
      :icon_wave:Joan

Comment

Robin, I bow to you you have accomplished a lot of amazing quilts I am in awe of you, great job

Comment

Robin, You've been sooooo busy. Doesn't it feel great getting everything to the recipients! u always do such beautiful work.
          sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

All beautiful! You have been busy!

Comment

My goodness, you have sure been busy. And to think I was all excited because I got a bunch of mug mats done yesterday to use up some scraps, lol. The quilts are all beautiful and I'm sure will be much appreciated.

Comment

All are beautiful! What a lot of work!

Comment

Love all of your beautiful quilts!

Comment

You have bedn one busy lady! Amazing....and your quilts are lovely... Good work,

Sandy from Cincinnati

AKA Kermit

Comment

Robin! My goodness, girl! You've been as busy as a beaver! The quilts are all lovely and I know everyone on the receiving end is going to love them!
                      Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
                      ― Maya Angelou

Comment

A wonderful array of quilts and how very busy you have been! So glad for you that your gifts are all done and on their way to the fortunate recipients. And once your holiday is celebrated with your loved ones, enjoy being in your sewing room again. Merry Christmas
                        A day patched with quilting Seldom unravels Sharon

Comment

You have been busy. What pattern is quilt 6? I know it I just can't say it. I love love the colours!

Comment

Originally posted by FabStripper View Post
                            You have been busy. What pattern is quilt 6? I know it I just can't say it. I love love the colours!
                            The pattern is the Teacup Quilt from Block Magazine. The fabric is a Through the Winter Woods Layer Cake with a piano key border made from scraps from another quilt.
                            Robin
                            My Pinterest Page of the Quilts I've Made: http://www.pinterest.com/rwmomto3/quilts-ive-made/

Comment

Wow busy lady....I love them all. The chevron reminds me of Cat in the Hat.
                              Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X