No announcement yet.

No-sew "quilted" ornaments my husband and I made with leftover 2 1/2" strips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No-sew "quilted" ornaments my husband and I made with leftover 2 1/2" strips

Here is what my husband and I made with leftover 2 1/2" strips. I'm giving them to family, friends, and coworkers. The ornament that looks like it has a cross in the center is the one my husband made. We've hung that one on the tree. Tutorial for the round ornaments can be found here: https://youtu.be/fV_XtQ_tJ_A

Tutorial for the pinecone ornament can be found here: https://youtu.be/xl-AKWkqw7A

It's not hard to make, at all. The best price for sequins pins, in my area, is at M's ($3.99 for a package of 800 -- use a coupon if you can). You can probably make 3 ornaments and have a ton of leftover pins with one package of 800.
    Attached Files
    Thank you for stopping by, Chokoboysmom

Re: No-sew "quilted" ornaments my husband and I made with leftover 2 1/2" strips

Very nice!! I especially like the pine cone one.
    May the road rise up to meet you...
    May the wind be always at your back...
    May you be in Heaven a half hour before the Devil knows you're dead...
    Patt :icon_wave:

Comment

Re: No-sew "quilted" ornaments my husband and I made with leftover 2 1/2" strips

Beautiful ornaments! I've never tried to make these; always thought it would be time consuming work. You both did a lovely job, not only on the ornaments, but with your special ribbons and decorative touches.

Comment

I commend you for making as many as you did! They are really pretty. I made One last year and gave up after that because it is Verry time consuming I thought.
        I am Sew Blessed!
        Alina

Comment

They are beautiful - need to get some started for sure.

Comment

They are all very pretty, I love the pinecones there my favourite. My daughter makes them too.

....Bee
            The footprint's in the sand are not mine, but is that of the Lord's, who has been carrying me....

~~♡sigpic
            ~~~~Sewn By Bee

Comment

My granddaughter and I made about 8 of them last year. They are a lot of fun.
              Karen
              Life is short - Live everyday to the fullest

Comment

Those are lovely, so Christmassy! What size of ball are you using? I usually make mine with 3" squares and I wonder if I could make the same size with 2.5" ones... Love yours!
                ~ Anna ~

My Pinterest

Comment

Beautiful ornaments - you did such a wonderful job

Comment

They turned out really pretty. I've done the ornaments before but never tried the pinecone. Now I have more small pieces of stash so this will make a great project! Thank you for sharing.
                    https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/co.../icon_wave.gif
                    Women are Angels. When someone break's our wings we will continue to fly-usually on a broomstick.We're flexible like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Wwena View Post
                      Those are lovely, so Christmassy! What size of ball are you using? I usually make mine with 3" squares and I wonder if I could make the same size with 2.5" ones... Love yours!
                      Hi there, I think that I used 3" balls (or close to that size).
                      Last edited by chokoboysmom; November 30th, 2015, 02:12 PM.
                      Thank you for stopping by, Chokoboysmom

Comment

I really like those!

Comment

Gorgeous. So pretty.
                          Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Comment

Beautiful ornaments and embellishments. These would make great gifts.
                            sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

They are really nice. Love the pine cone one.
                              Barbara :icon_bigsmile:

Comment

Working...
                              X