Memory Quilt #2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Memory Quilt #2

This is the second memory quilt for the same family in less than a month. My friend lost her dad and her husband in that short time. My heart just breaks for her. Calvin was Hawaiian, so I used batiks for the island-y feel. He also was on the heart transplant list so Bonnie collected hearts if all kinds. If you look at the quilting, it's a feather that looks like tropical fronds, but they are actually hearts.

Pattern is a 50/50 combo of 4-patch and disappearing 4-patch. I just alternated them and added a single border. Huge thanks to my friend Paula who dropped everything to quilt this in less than 24 hours so I could get it shipped. She rocks.
    Attached Files
    Kathe

sigpic Don't practice until you get it right, practice until you can't get it wrong

Re: Memory Quilt #2

Beautiful quilt. The quilting is gorgeous and looks like a perfect match for the back fabric.

Comment

Beautiful work. So sad for your friend.
      Katrina
      “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

You are a blessing to your friend. I love the heart quilting. I am a big fan of the disappearing 4 patch. Your variation is brilliant! I never thought to add a regular 4 patch, but it gives it a real airy feel and makes the disappearing block stand out better. Great job all around!

Comment

Your quilt is beautiful. It will bring much comfort to your dear friend. You also have very good friends. You are blessed.
          All quilts cat tested and approved.
          sigpic

Comment

You are going to show your friend how special your friendship is in such a trying time for her family. Both quilts will mean the world to these ladies. The quilting is great. High five to your friend for quilting a beautiful quilt.

Comment

That turned out beautifully.

Comment

Another great quilt! This will mean so much to your friend.
                :icon_wave:Joan

Comment

Gorgeous quilt!!
                  sigpicAnita G.

Comment

Beautiful quilt and surely to be cherished.
                    ~~Sewin' Love w/ Quilting~~Lucy~~

Comment

Touching! Friends comfort in many ways and your quilt will bring much comfort and joy.

Comment

The quilt is gorgeous and the quilting is lovely and thoughtful. It's a very special gift
                        My blog (when I will be able to keep it updated): http://juliasdreamabout.blogspot.it/

Queen of Quiltgard

Lover of Scraps

Comment

Working...
                        X