Memory quilt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memory quilt

I made this for a dear friend that was like a second father to me. He was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer and two weeks later, he was gone. I really wanted to get it there before he died, but I missed it by a day. I'm really good friends with the whole family - especially his daughter who is my age. They had everyone at the visitation and funeral sign it with a thought, a memory, or just their name in lieu of a guest book. Now it is on Beba's - his wife of 60+ years - bed. That makes me really happy.

In an awful twist, I just spent all day Monday making another memory quilt for this family. I'll post it later. My friend, Bonnie, the daughter, just unexpectedly lost her husband on Sunday. Such a devastating three weeks! I don't know how she is still standing, but I hope the quilts bring some comfort after they are filled with the love and memories of their family and friends.

The pattern is called Treble & Bass - which I love because I met Beba & Chuck in my church choir back in 1993. I quilted it myself on my little Janome 3160 (remind me NEVER to do that again!) with a very wobbly stitch 1/4" from the ditch. It's really not a good job at all, but it's the thought that counts, right?? That's Bonnie in the photo - and she sent me the picture of it on Beba's bed a couple of days after the funeral.
    Attached Files
    Kathe

sigpic Don't practice until you get it right, practice until you can't get it wrong

Re: Memory quilt

They will be very special for the family, especially the one that was signed for his wife. Very thoughtful and nice work!
    ~~Sewin' Love w/ Quilting~~Lucy~~

Comment

That came out really nice,it's priceless to them I'm sure.I like the colors you used in it.
      Joan

Comment

Your quilt is truly stitched with love. It will warm the family for many years and be cherished.

Comment

I am so sorry for your losses. It is truly wonderful that you can help bring this family some comfort during this difficult time.

Comment

Such a special quilt!
            I like the pattern and your fabric choices.

Comment

Has done a nice job, you will like and treasure

Comment

Its a treasure, and so are you for making it with love.
                Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Comment

What a wonderful quilt and so kind and thoughtful of you to make it. I'm sorry you are having to make another so soon.

Comment

Oh that really turned out nice. I love it and it shows up the fabric so nicely. It reminds me of the Abbey Lane Ob-La-Dah pattern I did recently. Beautiful!

Women are Angels.
                    When someone
                    break's our wings
                    we will continue to
                    fly...usually on a
                    broomstick.
                    We're flexible like that.
                    - embroitique

Comment

I'm sorry for your losses and the losses to their family. This quilt is beautiful and I really like the colours. It seems solid and strong yet comforting. I really like the pattern you used. I'll be watching for your other posting.

Comment

Oh Sheesh... how sad. So sorry for the loss. You are right about the daughter... Don't know how she is standing. God Bless her.

Comment

You are a blessing to your friends and family. Beautiful quilt.
                          sigpicAnita G.

Comment

Working...
                          X