Finished shirt #1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finished shirt #1

Hubby told me this weekend he needed a few new shirts. Since he destroyed 2 this week. One with a irepairable tear the other just wore out. He looked in the flannel box and found about 6 or 7 he wanted. I narrowed him down to 3. This is the first one done. Horrible picture but I think you can see the shirt.
    001.jpg
    sigpic:icon_hug: Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
    Time spent with cats is never wasted.
    Sigmund Freud

Re: Finished shirt #1

That turned out great! They aren't that scary to make except for buttonholes! I made a shirtwaist dress this weekend and had to remember how to make the buttonholes with my new machine. It is a learning curve that's for sure! But the machine also sews on the buttons, so that was a plus.

Collar stand! Way to go, they make the shirt look very professionally made!

Comment

Any man would be proud to wear that. Great going!!
      Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
      it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

Very nice!

When I was making shirts ( not my favorite ) I had a hard time spacing the buttons so I got one of these. Why I didn't just use the pattern? I have no clue. lol

SIMFLEX EXPANDING GAUGE - Fashion - Rulers & Templates - Supplies - Nancy's Notions
        🌺 Lorie

Comment

That looks fantastic! It looks better, and I bet it will wear better, than a store bought one! I was never much good at tailored things. I guess I need to give it another try.

Comment

Awesome job.

Not going to mention shirt making to my husband.....he'll want me to make him one.
            sigpic
            Keep Calm and Quilt On!
            Wishing all a happy and healthy 2016.
            Paula

Comment

Originally posted by Hulamoon View Post
              Very nice!

When I was making shirts ( not my favorite ) I had a hard time spacing the buttons so I got one of these. Why I didn't just use the pattern? I have no clue. lol

SIMFLEX EXPANDING GAUGE - Fashion - Rulers & Templates - Supplies - Nancy's Notions
              That was on my first online purchase at 2:30 in the morning about 1992! I remember thinking, " Shopping with a credit card at 2:30 in the morning, this could be dangerous!" Little did I know!

I love this notion, I use it all the time!

Comment

Great shirt! You did an amazing job matching the plaid, that was always my trouble. I bet he loves it and will be proud to wear it!
                Lori

http://sewtimeforme.blogspot.com/

Comment

Boy this brings back memories. Used to make all my hubs shirts. He is tall and skinny and it was hard to find size M tall shirts. Now it is easier to find shirts that fit...so I don't have to make them. More time to quilt. You did a great job matching the plaids. Used to make a lot of those too....then I found out he really didn't like plaids....oh well. Should have told me sooner. Which leads to a story from 1980. I was teaching school and expecting our first child. I finished sewing buttons on about 6 chambray work shirts (hubs is a farmer). I knew I better get them done as I suspected I was in labor (who knew? first baby). About 8 hours later I was a new Mom. Those were the last work shirts I ever made for him. Life gets busy...less time for sewing.

Comment

That's awesome! Beautiful job matching that plaid!
                    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
                    ― Maya Angelou

Comment

That's awesome! I wish I were that talented
                      "Only God is perfect, my quilts don't have to be!":icon_bigsmile:

Comment

Well, you say the picture may not be very good, but I say the shirt is awesome. You are very talented. Kathy
                        All quilts cat tested and approved.
                        sigpic

Comment

Thank you all for the lovely comments. He wouldn't wear anything other then a custom shirt from me. He loves his flannels. Matching plaid is not so hard once you know where to match. Most patterns have a guide sheet in them. I have used this pattern so much for him I had to make a copy on pattern ease.
                          Jean I agree the collar stand makes a more professional look and I think makes the shirt last longer as well as keep its shape better.
                          sigpic:icon_hug: Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
                          Time spent with cats is never wasted.
                          Sigmund Freud

Comment

Nice job! It's been a long time since I've made my husband shirts or pants...about 35 years...LOL. I'm too lazy to do it now. Glad you have that kind of energy.
                            Bec

Comment

Your shirt turned out very professional looking, April....great job!
                              sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Working...
                              X