Layer Cake / Jelly Roll Scraps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Layer Cake / Jelly Roll Scraps

This is my Layer Cake / Jelly roll scrap quilt top following Natalies tutorial (but using scraps from my stash). I LOVE it and was So easy and quick - several more are underway as my neighbors all want one too!! Thank you for the great idea! Hugs to you all [attachment=0:c0ioq8xv]DSC03333.JPG[/attachment:c0ioq8xv]
    Two of my favorite things, to encourage and to be encouraged
    hugs, Suzi
    http://suzi.mypremierdesigns.com/
    it's what i do when i'm not here sewing with you

GOD Bless America

Re: Layer Cake / Jelly Roll Scraps

I can't wait to see it...

to attach a photo you want to scroll down on your reply screen and click on attachment..then browse for your photo...then add file then submit...if you have any problems please let someone know and we can help you get it uploaded....
    Michele

Comment

I post pictures differently. I upload them to photobucket first, then just copy and paste the IMG code here.

Looking forward to seeing the pictures of your quilt and the magic that can be created with scraps!

I'm in the process of doing the same quilt pattern (at least I think its the same one you're talking about) but instead of using the jelly and cake rolls, or scraps...I'm using only 3 colors. I'm hoping it has more of a basket weave look to it when I'm finished. *fingers crossed*
      ~Mary
      As ye sew, so shall ye rip.

Comment

MrsWindy - your quilt sounds fun. I can't see it as I have to go in an d out of the programs. Could you give a written description? I have tos of scraps I'd like to put to use! Thanks ..
        If you can't see it riding by on a fast horse - it ain't there.

Comment

Quilt Vader...I'm not using scraps for my quilt, pdjewelrylady is. If its the same quilt I think she is doing, the directions are in the blog under the MAKE LIFE HAPPY entry. She hasnt been able to get a picture posted. I would love to see her quilt!

I'm using one fabric for all the 5''x10'' rectangles and using 2 seperate colors for the 2 1/2 " strips...I'll get pictures posted when I'm finished. Should only be a few more days, I hope!!
          ~Mary
          As ye sew, so shall ye rip.

Comment

well - sorry ladies. i got the picture to post last night but now it is gone again
            hugs, Suzi

GOD Bless America

Comment

hi mrswindy4
              No - the pattern is not the same as the Make Life Happy. This one is from jelly roll weel - it is 10" layer cake cut to a 4" and 6"blocks and then a 10" jelly strip and a 11.5" (natalie says to use a 13" strip - but I found that is too long). I did repost with the picture YAY! This was so easy and fun to make!
              hugs, Suzi

GOD Bless America

Comment

Working...
              X