for my baseball FANatic!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

for my baseball FANatic!!

This is a two-fabric Bargello. Now, if I ever say I want to make one of these again, you have my permission to slap me silly! Moving on...

My son is a huge Detroit Tigers fan, so I made this for him. I tried to make it look like a stadium with bricks and chain-link fence fabrics. On the back, which he calls the front, I did rows of Tigers and baseball theme fabrics. My friend Paula did the quilting with a pantograph that looks remarkably like baseballs! Very cool.

A funny little sidenote: when I was working on this during open sew at my LQS, a lady walk by and said something about it looking nice. I said thank you. She said some LITTLE boy was going to love it. I said YUP. Then she asked how old... without missing a beat, I said "26!!" (she turned 14 shades of red...but we had a good giggle)
    Attached Files
    Kathe

sigpic Don't practice until you get it right, practice until you can't get it wrong

Re: for my baseball FANatic!!

Wow! Great job! I really like it.

Comment

Awsome quilt... any sportsfan would love something with their team and your wonderful pattern idea!!
      "Each day well-lived and Happy;
      that's all there is to Life!"

Comment

Great quilt! I love his funny faces lol
        🌺 Lorie

Comment

Originally posted by Hulamoon View Post
          I love his funny faces lol
          ugh...this child...;-p
          Kathe

sigpic Don't practice until you get it right, practice until you can't get it wrong

Comment

I don't even like the color green, but that is beautiful!!!! Love your sons goo-goo eyes!
            pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

Both of them are great.

Comment

LOL this is very nicely done!!! Love the way he modeled the quilt for you :P!!
                sigpicQuilter since 2013.

Comment

Great quilt and she was right, your "little" boy is loving it!

Comment

Great job I am sure he loves it. I said the same thing after my one and only Bargello. Love the look, half way thru was swearing at it.

Comment

Nice ! Years ago when I was buying a bunch of Harry Potter fabric I got the "Oh, your son is going to love that"...nope, not my son. My HUSBAND

Comment

Originally posted by lmanna View Post
                        Nice ! Years ago when I was buying a bunch of Harry Potter fabric I got the "Oh, your son is going to love that"...nope, not my son. My HUSBAND
                        Ok, that's funny! I love it when our men find ways to stay young at heart :-)
                        Kathe

Comment

I love the quilting! It looks just like baseballs
                          "Only God is perfect, my quilts don't have to be!":icon_bigsmile:

Comment

Working...
                          X