Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Two Quilts finished- 4 Patch Posey & JRR (sort of)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two Quilts finished- 4 Patch Posey & JRR (sort of)

I found out 2 weeks that a Birthday party was being planned for a dear friend who is turning 50. I had a Batik Jelly Roll Race Quilt Top that I made a year ago. I stuck in the UFO pile because after I made it I realized I was not a big fan of the Jelly Roll Race Quilts. So, I got to thinking.......how about I slice up the JRR into 8 inch columns and then say them and add a border. I quilted this last week.image.jpg

The other Quilt I finished yesterday. My first time doing a scalloped Border and making and using bias binding. This Quilt is called a Four Patch Posey. It's similar to the One Block Wonder except it's squares and you only need the repeat to be 4 thicknesses of Fabric.
    image.jpg

I will be delivering these Quilts on Saturday. I hope they like them 😀

Fannie

Live each day as if it were your last!

Re: Two Quilts finished- 4 Patch Posey & JRR (sort of)

Oh, I really like your Four Patch Posey!! Very creative thinking with the JRR!! I'm not a fan of them either.
    ***Kathy***

Comment

I'm not a fan of JRR, either, but I like your take on it. Four Patch Posey is beautiful.
      One yard of fabric, like one cookie, is never enough!

Comment

Both quilts are lovely! I am the odd one here, I do like jelly roll quilts.

Comment

These are so pretty!

Comment

Both of these are beautiful (and that's after saying I was going to swear off 2.5 strips for a bit today-LOL!) Excellent job on the JRR (great cut up job and execution of design)! And I'm quite sure the recipients will be THRILLED to receive either of these!
            So, what do you think now that you've done a scalloped edge?
            What do you mean I'm easily distracted..........HEY LOOK......FABRIC!!!!

Comment

Love them both - I have been wanting to try the four patch posey pattern. I am a fan of JRR quilts but have done something similar to one that had the colors "bunched" up into one area and did not look good.
              Donna

Comment

Love both! I really like what you did with the jelly roll, it gives it a whole new look. I'm sure the recipients will love them.
                Lori

http://sewtimeforme.blogspot.com/

Comment

Great job on both!
                  Love the 4 patch posie!
                  Also love what you did with the JRR!
                  I like JRR's but sometimes they don't turn out well and then it is fun to see how you can salvage them- and turn them into something awesome!!
                  Happy Quilting!

Comment

Originally posted by Carrie J View Post
                    Both of these are beautiful (and that's after saying I was going to swear off 2.5 strips for a bit today-LOL!) Excellent job on the JRR (great cut up job and execution of design)! And I'm quite sure the recipients will be THRILLED to receive either of these!
                    So, what do you think now that you've done a scalloped edge?
                    Carrie,

It was Super easy with the Scallop & Vines Ruler And Jenny's Tutorial. I have been scared to do a scalloped border and now I cannot wait to make another. I took me most of one day to mark the scallops, attach the binding but working with bias binding was like a dream. It laid so flat and eased into the curves so nicely.

I'm hoping to put on my big girl pants and try mitered borders in the near future 
                    Last edited by Bailey65; August 11, 2015, 06:01 PM.

Fannie

Live each day as if it were your last!

Comment

Originally posted by Bailey65 View Post
                      Carrie,

It was Super easy with the Scallop & Vines Ruler And Jenny's Tutorial. I have been scared to do a scalloped border and now I cannot wait to make another. I took me most of one day to mark the scallops, attach the binding but working with bias binding was like a dream. It laid so flat and eased into the curves so nicely.

I'm hoping to put on my big girl pants and try mitered borders in the near future 
                      Fanny, ohhhh, good news indeed on the template, have one too (and me too on hesitating)! Plan on doing my Irish Chain with a scalloped border! LOL on the big girl pants, yeah mitered ones are next. We'll have to compare rashafrashas, ! Thanks for the return!
                      What do you mean I'm easily distracted..........HEY LOOK......FABRIC!!!!

Comment

I love them both, very well done!

Comment

They are both beautiful. I am sure that your friends will love them

Comment

What a nice variation on the JRR - I don't like JRR usually.

I REALLY like the four patch posy! I didn't realize how it was made, but that's cool!

Good work on both quilts, I'm sure they will love them.

Comment

Fanny, both quilts are just beautiful!!!! Congratulations.
                              sigpicMy friends hear the song in my heart, and sing it to me when my memory fails. 

Eileen

Comment

Working...
                              X